MedixJK build thread

That's how mine started but is much worse now. But at the same time, i felt that same thing once, and it was a disguise and the adjustable track bar nut was loose and the clunk transferred through the drag link. Took forever to find.
I just went thru it all again with her moving the wheel side to side. There is definately play there, i can find anything anywhere else. Next question is, is the draglink joint shot, or is the hole in the pitman arm wollered out...

WJCO

Meme King
I just went thru it all again with her moving the wheel side to side. There is definately play there, i can find anything anywhere else. Next question is, is the draglink joint shot, or is the hole in the pitman arm wollered out...

Likely the joint. If you put your hand on the nut, you can usually feel or see if the stud is moving inside the pitman arm bore. It's not very common but can happen. You'll feel the nut and stud move together if the arm bore is worn out.

WJCO

Meme King
Found one. Now i cant get the joint out of the pitman arm

Hard as hell. Soak it in WD40, then loosen the nut, and smack the side of the pitman arm itself. Since you aren't reusing the joint, a pickle fork may help too.

JeepDrum

Get two good sized hammers. At the same time hit opposite sides of the pitman arm, like 3 and 9 o'clock for example. That should shake it loose. Be prepared for it to drop though. The first time I did this the whole drag link landed on my leg and I yelled a lot of bad words lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hard as hell. Soak it in WD40, then loosen the nut, and smack the side of the pitman arm itself. Since you aren't reusing the joint, a pickle fork may help too.
Pickle fork did the trick 1475947055017.jpg new one going in. Fingers crossed.

WJCO

Meme King
Have a helper turn steering again. See if you're still feeling that clunk in the same location. If so, then it's transferring from another part. Also, how many miles on the new axle? It's very unlikely that it's the ball joints, but maybe check them anyways.

Matt, when's the last time you had your wheels balanced?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
May have found the issue....this look fucked up to yall? 1475951087573.jpg
Have a helper turn steering again. See if you're still feeling that clunk in the same location. If so, then it's transferring from another part. Also, how many miles on the new axle? It's very unlikely that it's the ball joints, but maybe check them anyways.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wheel balance will usually only set off DW if there is play in steering somewhere. But worth Checking anyways.

Well it's part of the check list on the write up
DEATH WOBBLE : What it is, What it isn't and What You Can Do to Fix it
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=311

I know I was getting a balance wobble/death wobble from one wheel before I rotated it out. Death wobble was still there but not as bad so the balance just provoked it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom