Mesh top.

chipper

Spiderwebshade is in Orlando. Call them up and go get it. That's what I did. Had them install it too. Also got to do a tour around the place.

Mr. Rubi1

I just recieved my spider shade in the mail, can't wait to put it on.. The material is top notch and I got the gray one which matches my silver Rubi. I will update after I install it but by the way it is looking like here in Louisiana it's gonna be a while

JohnnyWest

We've got Spidershades on both of ours. They work great. My wife is a red head too. Our whole family burns easy and these things work great keeping the sun off of us, but still giving us the open air feeling.

I think we got them from Quadratech. they came in just a couple of days.

Spidershade.jpg

I'll throw my $0.02 in here for spiderweb shade. What I like about them is the metal grommets. I've had mine a couple seasons now and it's held up really well. You can see in cav fighters pics it looks like the cords are sewn in. All the cords on spiderweb shades are replaceable for when the elasticity wears out. Pretty solid design and good materials.

TRLJNKY

I'll throw my $0.02 in here for spiderweb shade. What I like about them is the metal grommets. I've had mine a couple seasons now and it's held up really well. You can see in cav fighters pics it looks like the cords are sewn in. All the cords on spiderweb shades are replaceable for when the elasticity wears out. Pretty solid design and good materials.

Cant argue that logic and its really not that much more expensive. See how long mine lasts. Maybe I shoulda done more research lol

cav♤fighter;715097 said:
Cant argue that logic and its really not that much more expensive. See how long mine lasts. Maybe I shoulda done more research lol

I wasn't bad mouthing your choice. Just pointing out what I noticed when I looked at your pics. :)

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'll vouch for the Bartact shade top as well. It has the Velcro loops sewn into it, so you can keep it tight. They are thick and very well built. This is not a flimsy top at all. Even at speed there is no flapping. No gaps, which is the main reason I went with it in the first place.
I checked out the spiderweb shade before I ordered the Bartact. Although the gaps may not let much sun in, it did flap and looked unfinished to me. My OCD would never allow that lol.
I also personally like that Bartact is made here in the US by veterans. I also used it as a false roof when the top was up and was able to carry 8 fishing rods at all times with me and could not see them at all from the cab. Ended up working out great for me, and I would highly recommend the Bartact to anyone.

bonedaddy

i had the Spiderwebshade on my JKU, my girls are redheads, I am balled and we all are fair skinned ... it fit great and I to like the idea of the grommets ... it does hinder the sense of being topless slightly, but way better than a blistered head... i will worn you, you will still get some sun through there though, no where near as bad as straight topless of course, but you ride for awhile and you'll have a little - fades out fast though...

I will be getting another for my next rig...

My 2 pennies...

GraniteCrystal

Any thoughts on DirtyDog? The pros I see are that 1) it's two pieces so I can do front and rear row or just one or other and 2) it uses Velcro instead of bungee so you don't have to worry about those going bad over time. I read great stuff on them, but no one has mentioned them yet.

I ended up going with the bartact top and I love it. My wife was worried about the gaps with the spiderwebshades. I'm glad I got the Bartact. Very well made and makes a huge difference in the heat level.

swampdog

I ended up going with the bartact top and I love it. My wife was worried about the gaps with the spiderwebshades. I'm glad I got the Bartact. Very well made and makes a huge difference in the heat level.

I have the same shade. Only complaint is it doesn't really work staying on with the hard top over it as advertise. No biggie, I just run one or the other. Other than that, great product.

josh.pierce

Any thoughts on DirtyDog? The pros I see are that 1) it's two pieces so I can do front and rear row or just one or other and 2) it uses Velcro instead of bungee so you don't have to worry about those going bad over time. I read great stuff on them, but no one has mentioned them yet.

Just installed one of these yesterday and am very impressed with the fitment. It actually has buckles that you cinch down instead of velcro. From what i saw they have both one and two piece sets. I got the two. No other input yet though as i haven't even made it out of the garage with it. Will update when i do.

Mr.Reacher

I was lucky enough my neighbor had an extra industrial grade mesh sun shade he uses for his garden in the back. He gave it to me size was a little bigger than needed but I made it work. Folded and zip tied in areas to fit and I can say it came out pretty damn good. I mean it gets the job done! [emoji23] I'll post some pictures when I get home. Another option I guess if you come across one you can "make" work.

sjd78

I have the same shade. Only complaint is it doesn't really work staying on with the hard top over it as advertise. No biggie, I just run one or the other. Other than that, great product.

I have the Bartact top and run it under my hard top without issue. What issue have you run into?

Top Bottom