Metal Cloak Tube Fenders and rock sliders

Armydog

My buddy has the arched fenders on his 2005 TJ Rubicon and loves them. He has a 4" Zone lift and 35" KM2's.

Here is a picture of him:

Here is a link to more pics of his Jeep with them:

Curts Fenders

If I remember right, he is actually thinking about getting rid of them sometime soon and going with hi line fenders so that he can run 37's without changing his lift.

Couldn't open the link from my iPad. Do you know where he might list them if he sells them?

rubiRI77

no lift and axles yet, but it's getting there!
35's, Metalcloak overlines, corners , sliders and 6" flares. Pics are not so great, was raining hard and was testing out the fit on the new trailer. :rock:

HPIM2107.jpg HPIM2108.jpg

Armydog

Tango Yankee

Couldn't open the link from my iPad. Do you know where he might list them if he sells them?

Got them to open - very nice looking jeep. I just got my sliders in, hope to put them in this weekend.... arched fenders next. His looks great, makes me anxious to get started. Thanks again.

mtnbiker995

Got them to open - very nice looking jeep. I just got my sliders in, hope to put them in this weekend.... arched fenders next. His looks great, makes me anxious to get started. Thanks again.

No problem. Good luck I guarantee it'll look great when you're done!

Armydog

MetalCloak slider update

Just got the metal cloak sliders in.... I'm not an engineer, but the construction and design seem solid. Gonna mount them up and test them out ( a little) IMHO they seem decent, the only issue so far is that the powder coat has a couple of blemishes/chips. Looks like shipping damage. Gonna contact cloak and see what they offer to do about that.... Not really a big deal, but the point should be made...

Side note, I will be selling the stock rubicon diamond plate rocker protectors that don't have a scratch.

I will post updates as I progress. ....

Yippee!

UPDATE: 19JAN14

I did contact the guys at MetalCloak about the powder coating. They responded immediately and gave me a full credit for the cost of powder coat. I obviously used this money to pay for the rear fender flare mount/corners which integrate with the sliders.. One important indication of a company's worthiness to get some of my hard earned money is the quality of the customer service they provide. Needless to say I am very happy with these guys so far!!

I am going to wait for the rear corner/mounts before continuing but will post an update when I get them and as I install them. Thanks for listening and for all the input.

Armydog

Started a build thread, needless to say the rear mounts are on.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394595157.375046.jpg

I really want to run them without flares at all because it looks BAD ASS!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394595220.373188.jpg

Ran here without them in the snow and puddles today and got soaked!!! Mud everywhere! Uniform needs to be dry cleaned.... Was very fun!!!! But think I need to buy some 6" flares.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

bmwegr

I like their flares but would go a different route on the rocker guards, they function and attach much like the stock Rubicon rockers. I've got the over lines in the front and when needed I remove the extensions (front and rear) at leave then at home. The picture shows the over lines, the rockers are the Billy Rockers from Nemesis. In retrospect I think the STEEL evo sliders are the way to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1394596626430.jpg
    1394596626430.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 224

Armydog

I like their flares but would go a different route on the rocker guards, they function and attach much like the stock Rubicon rockers. I've got the over lines in the front and when needed I remove the extensions (front and rear) at leave then at home. The picture shows the over lines, the rockers are the Billy Rockers from Nemesis. In retrospect I think the STEEL evo sliders are the way to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice rig. I think I am leaning toward the overlines. Think the arched would get old, although they are cool at least the OL keep the traditional jeep look somewhat....

These are the Overlands. Only thing I don't like about the MC fenders is that they are a bit of a pain to install and they start rusting in hidden places that the powdercoating missed. 1394641445163.jpg

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Armydog

Visitors at the job today..... Apparently, important people don't drive. Same old "dog and pony show". Yippee..... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394643665.605670.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394643688.805922.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394643665.605670.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394643746.770166.jpg

ELTorro

Army Dog

View attachment 64598

I'd take a pic now, but it's dark... and filthy.. LOL

your Jeep is bad azzzz! I just bought the MC arched front and rear fenders. I was also looking at getting the GT Grabbers how do you like the tires are they quite on the road as they advertize

LTDANLJ this was a question for you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom