Metalcloak Gamechanger Insights

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Most of my driving is 50/50 non-maintenance gravel and pavement. I will say I did like the idea of their, and Synergy's, low maintenance claim. Do you think the MC joints have improved with the addition of kevlar?

I seriously doubt it it 50/50. I would be willing to bet closer to 99/1. You are saying for every 10,000 miles you put on your jeep 5,000 are offroad? Seriously doubt that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
I seriously doubt it it 50/50. I would be willing to bet closer to 99/1. You are saying for every 10,000 miles you put on your jeep 5,000 are offroad? Seriously doubt that.

I don’t know... his area of Montana is pretty damn remote it seems

Braxtonsag

I’d just keep stock arms for running 33s. Definitely avoid metalcloak. There are so many other better lifts out there. For such a small lift stock arms aren’t going to limit you one bit

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I went from metal cloak coils to synergy and found the synergy to provide a significantly more comfortable drive for my Jeep.

I originally went from AEV to metal cloak and thought metal cloaks were better at that time as well...

Maybe I just like whatever new product I buy, but my wife agreed that synergy so far is the most comfortable setup we’ve tried.

Exodus 4x4

Doesn’t that kit use cam bolts? Even if it doesn’t, IMO $1800 is insane for 2” to run 35’s. He’d be better off getting a more complete 3” kit for a little more money.

No cam bolts, and yes it is on the pricier side of 2” lifts. It’s a lift I recommend to customers that know they’re staying at 2” for the life of their Jeep. I feel the ride quality of the shock and spring combo is a little bit better than the Rancho, enough to pay that much. I guess if there would be a such thing as a premium 2” lift, IMO this would fall in that category. Now if he/she is unsure that they’ll stay at 2”, then no I don’t recommend this lift.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No cam bolts, and yes it is on the pricier side of 2” lifts. It’s a lift I recommend to customers that know they’re staying at 2” for the life of their Jeep. I feel the ride quality of the shock and spring combo is a little bit better than the Rancho, enough to pay that much. I guess if there would be a such thing as a premium 2” lift, IMO this would fall in that category. Now if he/she is unsure that they’ll stay at 2”, then no I don’t recommend this lift.

Ok, what am I missing here? This is the exact Synergy kit that you provided the part number for.

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

As for the ride, that’s obviously subjective and there are for sure different strokes for different folks. Me, personally, I’d buy the Rancho kit all day long and use the $1,000 saved towards the new wheels and tires.

Last edited:

sph801

2" spacer lift with 35's. I did the Bushwacker flat fenders but you could trim the OEM's if you like that look. Rides great and is inexpensive.

IMG_4356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exodus 4x4

Ok, what am I missing here? This is the exact Synergy kit that you provided the part number for.

View attachment 341913

View attachment 341914

As for the ride, that’s obviously subjective and there are for sure different strokes for different folks. Me, personally, I’d buy the Rancho kit all day long and use the $1,000 saved towards the new wheels and tires.

Hmmm, that is interesting. I don’t remember that coming in the kits we install. I can tell you for sure we don’t install cam bolts in anything at the shop.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I considered it, but I decided I'd rather go full in so I can adjust axle centering and caster, as minute of a change 2.5" makes. plus this way I can easily jump up to those larger tire sizes if and when I get there.

At 2 1/2” you don’t need to address axel centering or caster. 3” is the magic number concerning geometry corrections so if you stay below that you can spend your money elsewhere. When you say “this way I can easily jump up to those larger tire sizes if and when I get there” I hope you just mean 35’s. 37’s will require more lift and quiet honestly I would go taller if you thinking 35’s are a probability.

Here is my mine on 33’s:

IMG_0423.JPG

2 1/2” Front Spacers, 2” Shock Ext. w/front extended sway bar links
1” rear spacer to level
295/70R17 tires
1 1/2” Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
No need to extend/relocate brake lines or correct any geometry
Everything else is stock
The ride is close to stock feeling offset just a bit due to wider, stiffer tires

As you can see, I could’ve gone to 35’s, but that would require chopping or replacing the fenders. Personally, if that were my end game I would go all in with a 3” to 4” kit that has all the replacement parts. Then you can make the jump to even bigger tires down the road.

Here’s mine with 2” spacers up front and 1” in rear with Recon Mopar springs (adds .75-1” over rubicon). Synergy lower control arms and front track bar with Dual durometer bushings. 35” tires and I drive 100 miles a day through Los Angeles. Does great on and off-road. rubbed on fender edge but cleared after very slight trimming w box cutter. IMG_8924.jpg Adjustments.JPG IMG_1591.jpg

TheGrendel

I actually like MC’s joints. And some of their other stuff. But here’s another busted arm. 2 months old and broke On a park road.

S1TWzQ1.png

jeeeep

Hooked
skip the Falcon shocks and go with Bilstein, Rancho, Fox or King

I got a hell of a deal on the Falcon 3.3 and well...glad i didn't pay anywhere near what they are asking.

Personally i think for a DD with occasional offroad, Bilstein; for going fast offroad King reservoir with adjusters.

What i don't like about the Rancho adjusters is how easily they break off, turn them inward and may as well not get adjusters as they were difficult to reach.

my :twocents:eek:f experience :beer:

jdofmemi

I feel like that’s not a very thick wall for a control arm. Am I wrong?

It looks about as thick as the stock arms. I made a rear lower look just like that. They may be fine on the road, but if you get out and use your Jeep, it is not the right choice.

I have EVO front and CORE rear arms, no more worries.

Jsouder53

Hooked
It looks about as thick as the stock arms. I made a rear lower look just like that. They may be fine on the road, but if you get out and use your Jeep, it is not the right choice.

I have EVO front and CORE rear arms, no more worries.

I thought so, definitely going to upgrade to the evo arms when I can.

Top Bottom