Method 105 Beadlock with Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.5 17 Write Up

CrazyLarry

They have two different side lug and writing patterns. Which ever you like best.

Oh ok. Yeah I remember reading somewhere that one side causes the infamous trail grappler "radial pull" to the left and the other doesnt. Who knows if thats true. Those rims look sweet btw :beer:

Great write up! I've been planning on getting headlocks and 37's this year and the time is just about here to make the purchase… even though they probably won't go on until the coilovers do. Quick question though, have you had a chance or does anyone have any experience with these in the rocks and how the preformed? My short list of wheels was either Slabs or Rock Monsters… but I really like the look of these.

Nice looking Jeep btw :rock:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Great write up! I've been planning on getting headlocks and 37's this year and the time is just about here to make the purchase… even though they probably won't go on until the coilovers do. Quick question though, have you had a chance or does anyone have any experience with these in the rocks and how the preformed? My short list of wheels was either Slabs or Rock Monsters… but I really like the look of these.

Nice looking Jeep btw :rock:

I've had mine for about a year now. They perform just like any other beadlock in the rocks :)

But in all seriousness. I have buddies who run slabs and rock monsters. The slabs definitely have a thicker and argueably stronger rock ring. My rock rings are gouged pretty good but its just cosmetic. The bolt heads are recessed so have never damaged a bolt. My friends with slabs dont have nearly the gouging on the rings that i do. I got the methods when they first released them because i wanted something different than my friends had. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

The rock monsters are very heavy is the only complaint i've heard on them. That and the backspacing. Both method 105s and slabs are 3.5" BS. The Rock monsters are 4.5" or more if I remember correctly.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You can see the gouging if you zoom in on wheels. It isn't terrible. I think it also sticks out worse since the bead rings are black.

20141102_141520.jpg

DKjeep

Sorry to dig this one back up, I'm trying to find a good source for these wheels right now. In the meanwhile are there any pics of jeeps from head on with these wheels? I'm really trying to see how much the 3.5" backpacking sticks these out there.

Anyone know of a good deal on a set of 5?

DKjeep

Really just straight down the side from the front and back would be awesome. All of my internet searching has failed to pull up any pictures like that. I'm really just concerned that they're going to stick way out. The wheels that I have now are 4.5 inch backspacing and they already stick out a good bit.

JJK

Really just straight down the side from the front and back would be awesome. All of my internet searching has failed to pull up any pictures like that. I'm really just concerned that they're going to stick way out. The wheels that I have now are 4.5 inch backspacing and they already stick out a good bit.

I'll be in the north Dallas area tomorrow if you want to look at mine. PM me.

JBF

I just talked to Jaime at method and he told me that nitto, toyo, and a couple other brand tires need the ring shims due to the thicker sidewall/bead.

Is that actually true? or no

Top Bottom