Method Race Wheels

Rubicon john

I just purchased the method 105's. I hope they got all the kinks worked out with these. I liked the style and couldn't beat the price on them. I'll be mounting them hopefully next week. I first must conquer my fear of installing my evo bolt on Co's in my drive way. [emoji16]

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I just purchased the method 105's. I hope they got all the kinks worked out with these. I liked the style and couldn't beat the price on them. I'll be mounting them hopefully next week. I first must conquer my fear of installing my evo bolt on Co's in my drive way. [emoji16]

Read the directions a few times before you do the coilovers and you'll be fine.

Have you mounted the wheels yet? What brand/size tires are you using with your setup?

I'm curious to see if you are having any trouble as well. The price and style of the 105s is appealing to me. Post some pictures if you have any.

Rubicon john

Have you mounted the wheels yet? What brand/size tires are you using with your setup?

I'm curious to see if you are having any trouble as well. The price and style of the 105s is appealing to me. Post some pictures if you have any.

I finished mounting the tires over a weekend. I have not yet installed them on the jeep because I haven't installed my bolt on coilovers. I decided to go with 37 Bfg ko2's because my jeep is my daily and the tire price was affordable.

The quality and finish of the wheels appears great. I will probably remove the center caps because I like that look better. Here's a pic of the tire and wheel... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451413083.041074.jpg

taher2.1

Completely agree. I have been running 105 for a year now and not happy all. I was able to get a good deal on spacers because of David but Method customer service really play Ignorant. The only reason I am holding on to it now because too much money already invested getting spacers, removing broken bolts and investing in higher grade bolts. If you are planning to buy 105, make sure you check if you need spacers

Update: 35 Toyo mud terrain will work without the spacers. I was able to get hold of Method sales team and they asked me to bring the JK in for inspection. Although they didn't find any issues with installation, they later sent me an email to replace the wheels or issue a refund. I was definitely not happy with Method, but it was nice of them to make up to me.

Last edited:

WEN2FAS

Update: 35 Toyo mud terrain will work without the spacers. I was able to get hold of Method sales team and they asked me to bring the JK in for inspection. Although they didn't find any issues with installation, they later sent me an email to replace the wheels or issue a refund. I was definitely not happy with Method, but it was nice of them to make up to me.

Wow! Congratulations. That's kind of Method to do that for you.

jesse3638

Hooked
Raceline too. Seems to me Method either lacks knowledge or is cutting corners to save on cost. Either way thumbs down.

I have a set of Raceline Monsters and they came with inserts installed the wheel. They actually came with a few extra in each box should they become damaged. I bought mine in early 2012 maybe they changed something after I purchased mine. I can see the problem if they were tapped right into the aluminum. It'd be easy to strip them if you over torqued them.

WEN2FAS

I have a set of Raceline Monsters and they came with inserts installed the wheel. They actually came with a few extra in each box should they become damaged. I bought mine in early 2012 maybe they changed something after I purchased mine. I can see the problem if they were tapped right into the aluminum. It'd be easy to strip them if you over torqued them.

Yep! Racelines are great wheels.

Last edited:

WEN2FAS

FullSizeRender (16).jpg

Here's what you get with the spacers. Rings full of sand and debris. They also fill with water.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What exactly are you expecting a response to? You didn't ask a question.

Congrats, you broke a wheel spacer!!! Better?

Top Bottom