Midwest Ramble on and on

snopro

Banned
First see if I'm close on this, I have the 17" wheel option right outta the gate so that puts me at about a 31" tire correct? Not sure how soon a lift is in my future but if I started with the body lift, fenders and bumpers what could I fit? 35s or just 33s?

Do you have a Rubicon?
Body lift -1.25 and flat fenders and a 2 inch budget boost you can do 35's nicely when having armored front and rear bumper and winch.

snopro

Banned
33's fit without any mod other than spacing. Flat fenders & body lift would get ya 35's

Yes and no!! Like I stated if your running armored front and rear bumpers and winch and 35 as spare it would be better to have more than what you stated. Yes you can run a ton of bumpstop but driving and Offroad bouncing off them isn't really desirable. So like I recommended like the last two jeeps I recently lifted for local guys.
2 inch budget boost and 1.25 BL or 2 inch BB and flat fenders

Jchet729

33's fit without any mod other than spacing. Flat fenders & body lift would get ya 35's

Sweet. Ordered the spacers before I left for Va and they're waiting for me at home. Guess you should be looking for some pics of 35's in the hopefully near future. whoa... guess I better get to ordering some goodies. I'm used to ordering go fast goodies. what do we call these? go up goodies? lol

Jchet729

Yes and no!! Like I stated if your running armored front and rear bumpers and winch and 35 as spare it would be better to have more than what you stated. Yes you can run a ton of bumpstop but driving and Offroad bouncing off them isn't really desirable. So like I recommended like the last two jeeps I recently lifted for local guys.

thus far my Jk is completely stock, just hit 4500mi out here in Va and yes I changed the oil before I made the trip lol
17's I forget 265x70r17's? stock for me

my plans include fenders, bumpers, wheels & tires to start off

and lift hopefully sometime soon

oh and mines a sport

Last edited:

snopro

Banned
Sweet. Ordered the spacers before I left for Va and they're waiting for me at home. Guess you should be looking for some pics of 35's in the hopefully near future. whoa... guess I better get to ordering some goodies. I'm used to ordering go fast goodies. what do we call these? go up goodies? lol

what gear ratio you running, and also are you two dr or 4 dr I can look up stats on this APP

Jchet729

It's bone stock still. Only thing I've done is add some Snap-on logos and change to synthetic oil at my oil change so far. Been looking at pics and reading posts here and if I'd brought any tools with me on this trip I'd be out in the hotel parking lot taking off my rear bumper lol, the more JKs I've seen pics of like this the more I'm liking it...

Jchet729

Now with this budget lift I need to find springs from a Rubi? Do I then need matching shocks or are my OE ok for the time being?

snopro

Banned
Now with this budget lift I need to find springs from a Rubi? Do I then need matching shocks or are my OE ok for the time being?

I have a set of 2 dr rubi springs and I have a set of 4 dr Sahara springs
I also have a set of 2.5 coils linear "older style" rock Krawler for cheap

Jchet729

Kinda sounds like I'd just as soon order a complete kit rather than piecing together. more money I know but I hate getting into something and then finding I don't have everything I need.... been looking at some of the RC stuff, Atch said he'd heard yea's & nay's and went with OME? Idk but really I think I'd just like to get a kit and put it on, just unsure which ones to stay clear of cause shitty parts piss me off too lol..

snopro

Banned
Kinda sounds like I'd just as soon order a complete kit rather than piecing together. more money I know but I hate getting into something and then finding I don't have everything I need.... been looking at some of the RC stuff, Atch said he'd heard yea's & nay's and went with OME? Idk but really I think I'd just like to get a kit and put it on, just unsure which ones to stay clear of cause shitty parts piss me off too lol..

Well unless your going to do a lot of hardcore rock crawling id go with a control arm setup. I recently installed the last few jeeps an AEV 3.5 setup. If you do majority on highway and some off roading that kit is really complete

Atch

If your plan is to run just one kit on your jk & not upgrade within a couple yrs, I'd agree go with something like the AEV. Their kits will correct your geometry with their brackets. Their complete kits are pricey so I'd make sure that this is the kit you want to run for awhile.

Jchet729

You referring the SC or ST kit?

Yeah it's a dd but definitely would like to take it the route to look like yours cause that's just friggin sick....

Jchet729

Not to be a copy cat but if that's the kit on yours then that's the kit I want for mine... If my sis would pay me for my WJ then my lift, wheels & tires are in the mail.!

Jchet729

another question I'd like to ask is about the exhaust. I like to hear my vehicles.. my truck has 4" and my Hawk has 3" with electric cutout.. so it's safe to say I can't leave anything alone.... but this JK is new to me and I'm trying to find out what I "need" to keep and just how wild can I go? what kind of back pressure does this 3.8 need to still get decent mileage as I realize lift and tires will decrease it some I'm sure..

snopro

Banned
Not to be a copy cat but if that's the kit on yours then that's the kit I want for mine... If my sis would pay me for my WJ then my lift, wheels & tires are in the mail.!

Well mines a combo of the AEV and a teraflex kit.
I changed out my springs and shocks to the AEV for a better on road ride. I also have a 1.25 Body Lift as well and flat fenders

Top Bottom