Mini Split Ac units

MericaMade

Do the other models not come charged? I thought that was industry standard. Even normal house units come precharged. Only part you might need help with is the silver soldering of lines for the normal units.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I did not know that. The Mr Cool Diy advertisers the hell out of self-contained unit. I read reviews of needing a AC guy with others. I just started looking into then so I need to learn some more.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did not know that. The Mr Cool Diy advertisers the hell out of self-contained unit. I read reviews of needing a AC guy with others. I just started looking into then so I need to learn some more.

I have no experience with the splitskies. But if you order a normal unit it comes with the full system vacuumed into the outdoor part. Then you install the radiator part and run lines and solder the lines and then open up the valves and that’s all the refrigerant you need.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Funny this popped up, a friend was just recommending one of these to me.

I'm planning on using one of the ceiling mount forced air NG heaters for my garage, so don't really need the heat side of one of these split units. But would like AC in the garage at some point. Based on the comments here and the cost of these units I may just go with one a standard window AC or one of those portable units mentioned. I'm typically comfortable with a fan up to about 90 anyways... Just need something for the REALLY hot days when I need to work out there. Just my 2 cents not that it matters!

Elroy231

Have you ever asked one why?

I'm a Mitsubishi and Fujitsu dealer because people insist on using mini-splits. I hate them because they're ugly, expensive, and when they break you may as well throw them out and replace them.

As a tech, I hate them because the warranty procedures are a living hell for both us and the homeowner and by the time we go through the required procedures, the labor charges are more than replacing the unit.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Yeah. Response is similar to what your opinion is regarding warranty and aesthetics.
I dont find any model to be very appealing in the yard. Inside the home it is much nicer to not have a large plastic box on your wall!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fordracing19

My buddy is a retired hvac guy and has a normal split system in his work shop. I mentioned a mini split for mine and he recommended a regular window unit and toss it in the scrap when it quits.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I'm kicking myself because I told myself in January that I would get one of these installed before the summer and here we are and I'm still researching them. My garage is already a hundred degrees at 11:30 in the morning.....SMH.

I'm kicking myself because I told myself in January that I would get one of these installed before the summer and here we are and I'm still researching them. My garage is already a hundred degrees at 11:30 in the morning.....SMH.

Piece of plywood length of doorwith a cutout for a cheapie window unit ac just tall enough for the unit. Open garage door to that height. It’ll drop it around 15-20 while you’re working. Get ya by for a while for like $75 all in

duktrx

Piece of plywood length of doorwith a cutout for a cheapie window unit ac just tall enough for the unit. Open garage door to that height. It’ll drop it around 15-20 while you’re working. Get ya by for a while for like $75 all in

An old guy in the neighborhood I grew up in had two window units on furniture dollies and a sheet of rigid 2" insulation with grooves on the sides for the ac window fins to slide into. Rolled the units into place, dropped the foam between the two units, and closed the door on top. Scooted around the garage on his creeper and had Arctic air blowing on him. I think I was 5 when he paid me to wash the bottom half of his cars. Later, in life, he helped me rebuild the motor in my first motorcycle after some asshat thought it would be funny to drain the oil.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom