Mix-n-Match Freedom Top and panels

medler1

I am looking to buy a brand new 2013 Sahara 4-door which has been pre-registered by the UK dealer, to replace my 2009 JK.
I want to swap my existing hard top onto my new ride as I have a tubular roof rack already mounted and this will not fit the 2013 top.
From the forums I see that the new top will fit the 2009 model but there are issues with the location of the freedom panels.
Question: Can I mix-n-match the 2013 top with 2009 freedom panels so that I get a 2013 with a 2009 rear section but the new 2013 fronts?
I can then sell on my 2009 with a nice new 2013 top and the original front panels which fit the screen properly.

Dealer not keen on trying my panels on his forecourt model, what with the rain and cold here at the moment. Anyway, a forecourt fit wouldn't guarantee a leak free roof when driving.

Have to move fast, he only has 4 of these discounted at $38,000, when they have gone we are back up to $48,000 for the Sahara and $53,000 for the Overland. Now I love the JK, but UK prices are just gross when there's no model change to bargain with.
Thanks,
Mike

Army_Vet

Banned
Honestly.... with a 10k difference in price. I wouldn't worry about the roof rack. If you miss that deal over a roof rack. I think you would kick yourself.... just my opinion. BTW I have no idea about the fit issue with your top

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

QRS

I agrre with Army_vet on this.

I think the OP is referring to the L shaped locks not aligning with the footman loop and the slight difference in the shape of the panels.
I have a '12 hard top installed on my '07 but I guess your case is just the opposite, not really sure if it will work just fine or maybe leak.

Maybe someone with a '07-'09 freedom panels installed in a '13+ can confirm.

Kavanji

09 is the same as 13/14. 07/08 had no footman loop holddown and had leak issues.
rear window design is different but makes no difference when fitting to the jeep

Top Bottom