Mods required to run 37" tires on 2dr Rubicon 3.6

RebelconJk

Oh yea man, still liking them! I've had them on for about 2-3k miles now and still quite. They've conquered every trail I've took them on from Windrock Offroad Park in TN to the Gulches in SC and everything in between.

3" EVO coils with Clayton Offroad control arms

Awesome! i'm loving them so far, looking forward to taking them off road soon. Finally got my drive shaft fixed, next up is EVO 3" plush rides and new shocks!

JoeB-JKURX

Ball Joints

I've a friend who runs 37's on his 2014 two door Rubicon X, Auto, 4.10. He's not wild about the performance on the road (though it is better than it would be with the 4-door) but is a pretty hardcore rock crawler and seems to do great. He like you, is gusseted. He doesn't want to spring fora re-gear until he goes the ProRock route (probably in a year or so). He is now changing out his ball joints for Prosteers because his stock BJs are totally shot (about 8000 miles). With a 3.5" lift, he tore up his front driveshaft boot (at the transfer case) after only 5000 miles and went with aftermarket 1350s.

I've a friend who runs 37's on his 2014 two door Rubicon X, Auto, 4.10. He's not wild about the performance on the road (though it is better than it would be with the 4-door) but is a pretty hardcore rock crawler and seems to do great. He like you, is gusseted. He doesn't want to spring fora re-gear until he goes the ProRock route (probably in a year or so). He is now changing out his ball joints for Prosteers because his stock BJs are totally shot (about 8000 miles). With a 3.5" lift, he tore up his front driveshaft boot (at the transfer case) after only 5000 miles and went with aftermarket 1350s.

Good to know. Thanks. Yeah I've only got the 2.5 lift. But I'm running flat fenders. Should be doable. Looking at either ko2 or courser mxt tire wise. Haven't decided yet. Pros and cons to both

Went and got some price quotes yesterday on 37's. Spendy little, oops big, buggers. Lol. Anybody hear of federal couragia?

I had them on a tundra, 33x12.50. I never wheeled them but i wasnt a huge fan. Theyre loud, and i fear theyre cheap for a reason.

Kyle7R

Went and got some price quotes yesterday on 37's. Spendy little, oops big, buggers. Lol. Anybody hear of federal couragia?

I had them on a tundra, 33x12.50. I never wheeled them but i wasnt a huge fan. Theyre loud, and i fear theyre cheap for a reason.

I have the couragias on my Jeep in 35's, and like Medix said they're cheap for a reason. I got them used super cheap so I'm not mad at them, but they are very loud, and very heavy.

I couldn't get discount to mount them, because apparently Federal doesn't have insurance to cover any incidents of tie failure. Discount wouldn't mount them, because they did not want to be liable. Could be BS, but who knows.

I have the couragias on my Jeep in 35's, and like Medix said they're cheap for a reason. I got them used super cheap so I'm not mad at them, but they are very loud, and very heavy.

I couldn't get discount to mount them, because apparently Federal doesn't have insurance to cover any incidents of tie failure. Discount wouldn't mount them, because they did not want to be liable. Could be BS, but who knows.

Les Schwab sells them. That's where I got the price quote. And they warranty everything they sell. What ya think

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Les Schwab sells them. That's where I got the price quote. And they warranty everything they sell. What ya think

So you asked for opinions, got two negativity responses from people who have/had them and your response is "les Schwab warranties them"

Sounds to me like your mind is made up.

So you asked for opinions, got two negativity responses from people who have/had them and your response is "les Schwab warranties them"

Not really. I was just letting the guy know that just because one company won't stand behind a product, some others might. I'm more than likely gonna get Mastercrafts or coopers

JAGS

Hooked

If you're concerned with the cost of the tires, maybe you should stick with 35s. With 37s, and if you wheel, the tires will be a small cost compared to the various upgrades and maintenance requirements you'll need to pay for in the future. Things have a way or bending, twisting, becoming warn, etc.

If you don't plan to wheel it, well, do what you want.

If you're concerned with the cost of the tires, maybe you should stick with 35s. With 37s, and if you wheel, the tires will be a small cost compared to the various upgrades and maintenance requirements you'll need to pay for in the future. Things have a way or bending, twisting, becoming warn, etc.

This right here ^^^. Ill be spending lots of money to move to 37s, tire cost is just a small portion. If your trying to operate on a budget that requires budget tires, id re-think.

This right here ^^^. Ill be spending lots of money to move to 37s, tire cost is just a small portion. If your trying to operate on a budget that requires budget tires, id re-think.

Oh no. Not a budget thing. I got it that with 37 it's gonna cost. I'm on mtr's right now. C rated. Looking for a more robust tire

Kyle7R

Not really. I was just letting the guy know that just because one company won't stand behind a product, some others might. I'm more than likely gonna get Mastercrafts or coopers

If somebody is willing to warranty them, that's their business.

Would I buy/run them again?
Maybe, for the whole $400 I've got invested in the set I've got.

Otherwise, I'd be going with Coopers or even Nitto/Toyos.

35's can even wear out shit on a jk.

Top Bottom