Moonrocks NV

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Moon rocks is crazy in the summer. Huge toy haulers, quads, and motorcycles everywhere. The good news is it only takes about ten minutes on any one of the BLM roads to get away away from everyone.

JKJody

Moon rocks is crazy in the summer. Huge toy haulers, quads, and motorcycles everywhere. The good news is it only takes about ten minutes on any one of the BLM roads to get away away from everyone.

BLM land is the best. Any idea how far those trails reach at moon rocks? I wanted to keep going but i didn't want to run out of gas out there. We drove about an hour past moon rocks but turned around after that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They go forever. Lol. Honestly, it depends on which direction you go. I've started in the Lemon Valley area north of Reno and ended up in Moonrocks. Also, up by Bordertown, you can head west and go all the way to Crystal Peak, Dog Valley, Boca, etc.

If you explore far in the winter, be prepared if you are going alone. Don't be a Stolpa.

Hammerman

when all the Ca TRAILS CLOSE

Moon rocks looks like a great place to get away. when they close all the California trails head out to Nevada. Might be a good place for me to stop at after coming through Moab. Thanks for the pic's

dahreno

Banned
When they close all the trails in California , please don't head to Nevada . We don't need our trails closed also !

in4low

Moonrocks

Great pictures thanks for sharing we went there a couple of years ago in our toy hauler and quads and lots and lots to explore out there and it dose get very hot in summer time and would like to get back out in the jeeps and you can order great maps from blm or usgs dept. in menlo park, ca.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Where do I find a good map?

Sorry, just saw this. They are a little pricey (like $15), but you can get great fold up waterproof/tearproof maps at REI. The one that has all of the area north of Truckee (e.g. Jackson Meadows, Weber Lake, Independence Lake etc.) is one of my favorites. It shows Boca and the surrounding areas as well. I don't believe it shows areas out to the east like Moonrocks, but if you found the right map for Moonrocks and Lemon Valley and then also bought the map I reference above, you would literally have yourself enough roads to explore for the next few summers. :thumb:

Top Bottom