Mopar Maximum Coverage Lifetime Unlimited Warranty - Where and How Much???

TJeep_1999

I'm looking to get a Mopar Maximum Coverage Lifetime Unlimited Warranty/Service Coverage. I have a 2015 Wrangler. If you don't mind sharing please let me know what you paid for it and what dealer you used to get that pricing. Thanks in Advance!

WJCO

Meme King
I'm looking to get a Mopar Maximum Coverage Lifetime Unlimited Warranty/Service Coverage. I have a 2015 Wrangler. If you don't mind sharing please let me know what you paid for it and what dealer you used to get that pricing. Thanks in Advance!

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but no matter what, read the contract before you buy it. Make sure you fully understand what you're getting. I work in the warranty side of the business. Daily I hear of customers that are pissed off about non coverable repairs. Just make sure you know what you are getting. Especially if you plan on modifying the Jeep.

Slavens

Caught the Bug

I am a Service Advisor for the last 10 years (BMW/MINI) and i bought this warranty. It's pretty extensive on what it covers and i did not pay much for it because i am in the business but keep in mind your mods will directly affect coverage so buy it from your local dealer and build a relationship with them along the way and i'm sure it will be worth having. I paid less then $2,000 for it so keep that in mind when negotiating.

FOSJ

I bought a lifetime mopar warranty for my used 2014 and paid less for the exact same warranty my buddy purchased from the dealer for his new jeep. PM and I'll send you the details.

t8er

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but no matter what, read the contract before you buy it. Make sure you fully understand what you're getting. I work in the warranty side of the business. Daily I hear of customers that are pissed off about non coverable repairs. Just make sure you know what you are getting. Especially if you plan on modifying the Jeep.

Where are you at? I worked for mopar previously and write service now. Also OP the MVP contract is voided ny the lift but a good relationship with your local dealer will always help with claims unless they send out an inspector.

Jeepnoub

Where are you at? I worked for mopar previously and write service now. Also OP the MVP contract is voided ny the lift but a good relationship with your local dealer will always help with claims unless they send out an inspector.

Is it completely voided or just voided on components directly in relation to the lift?

Like if ecm goes out, how can they prove a lift caused it?

TJeep_1999

I am a Service Advisor for the last 10 years (BMW/MINI) and i bought this warranty. It's pretty extensive on what it covers and i did not pay much for it because i am in the business but keep in mind your mods will directly affect coverage so buy it from your local dealer and build a relationship with them along the way and i'm sure it will be worth having. I paid less then $2,000 for it so keep that in mind when negotiating.

Do you mind sharing dealer/contact info? PM if you do not want to post here. Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Is it completely voided or just voided on components directly in relation to the lift?

I know this question was directed at another poster, but I will chime in from my experience. The contract language will depend on what part of contract is voided. Some contracts will flat out say that ANY powertrain modification will void the powertrain portion of the contract. I've seen entire powertrain portions voided from a different tire size on the vehicle. And I've seen other contracts that are extremely lenient and will require more evidence that an actual modified part caused damage/failure to a covered component on the contract. Just make sure and read whatever you're buying to be safe. And as stated early, form a good relationship with your dealer.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Why are you so interested in dealer info? The forum members responding are not in the same part of the country as you.

This is correct- If your serious about buying this warranty go to the dealer you will be servicing at and buy it from them. Shopping them from Coast to Coast will not translate to the best deal for you.

TJeep_1999

This is correct- If your serious about buying this warranty go to the dealer you will be servicing at and buy it from them. Shopping them from Coast to Coast will not translate to the best deal for you.

When I was buying the JK they offered the lifetime to me for $3,860. I felt that was way too much. I called them again this morning and talked them down to $3,005. If you paid less than $2,000 I find it hard to believe they are giving me the "best deal" I can get. Surely the dealer that gave it to you at less then $2k can beat the $3,005 best offer I have from the dealer where I bought the Jeep. $3K is significantly higher than what you paid.

Last edited:

Clem319

When I was buying the JK they offered the lifetime to me for $3,860. I felt that was way too much. I called them again this morning and talked them down to $3,005. If you paid less than $2,000 I find it hard to believe they are giving me the "best deal" I can get. Surely the dealer that gave it to you at less then $2k can beat the $3,005 best offer I have from the dealer where I bought the Jeep. $3K is significantly higher than what you paid.

I was offered one for $2100 when I bought my Jeep

WJCO

Meme King
Premium style warranties typically sell between 2000-3000 depending on negotiation, etc. As an employee working at a dealer, you can usually get them even cheaper by talking to your finance dude.

TJeep_1999

Premium style warranties typically sell between 2000-3000 depending on negotiation, etc. As an employee working at a dealer, you can usually get them even cheaper by talking to your finance dude.

I was talking to the finance guy. He said they reduced the factory warranty coverage on the 2016 models and increased the prices on the extended warranties because they were getting too many claims and that $3,005 is the rock bottom price he can currently get me on the Mopar Lifetime Warranty. I was hoping someone here would not mind sharing contact information of who they worked with to get one of these elusive $2k deals. I was hoping to avoid calling random dealers, but unless someone shares who they worked with I will just end up calling around on my own. Maybe $3K really is the best price out there currently...

pop2tu

I bought my 13 JKU about 2 months ago, I paid under $2000 for my lifetime warranty. However this wasn't the first vehicle I bought from them, and I have my vehicles serviced there regularly. I have a good relationship with the dealership. I wasn't trading in a car (no upside down equity). So there was a lot of wiggle room on price of the Jeep and cost of the warranty. Did I pay under $2000 for warranty, yes. Did I pay to much for the Jeep, don't think so. What I'm trying to say is not every purchase is the same. There are too many variables to go off what someone else has paid.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

I was talking to the finance guy. He said they reduced the factory warranty coverage on the 2016 models and increased the prices on the extended warranties because they were getting too many claims and that $3,005 is the rock bottom price he can currently get me on the Mopar Lifetime Warranty. I was hoping someone here would not mind sharing contact information of who they worked with to get one of these elusive $2k deals. I was hoping to avoid calling random dealers, but unless someone shares who they worked with I will just end up calling around on my own. Maybe $3K really is the best price out there currently...

TJeep, the $2K deal sounds like an employee discount to me. Why would you expect that you could get that price?

TJeep_1999

For future searchers here what I have found out:

1) NC and FL are the only states where lifetime warranties are transferable. That's a state law not a Chrysler thing. Chrysler does compensate for this by charging higher rates in NC and FL for their Lifetime warranties. As it turns out $3K is a very good deal for a transferable lifetime warranty in NC. Go figure.
2) Jeep reduced the power train warranty for 2016 models from 100K to 60K and this has had a waterfall effect on the extended warranty pricing. Pricing for these warranties has gone up in the last few months and it is now unlikely to now get the $2,200 price as a STAND ALONE purchase. If you add about $200-$300 to that you are more in the ballpark
3) You will need to talk to someone to get the best pricing on these plans. No online services offer discounts on the genuine factory Mopar plans.

Hopefully the info above will be helpful to other folks.

On a side note I'm little disappointed that Jeep's solution to a known increase in failure rates/claims is to reduce factory warranty duration and increase pricing on extended warranties rather then work on improving build quality. Rant over.

Finally shout out to "FOSJ" for the actionable intel I received. Bob was great to work with and did provide (what I believe to be) the best pricing out there. Thank you!

Spaulding

On a side note I'm little disappointed that Jeep's solution to a known increase in failure rates/claims is to reduce factory warranty duration and increase pricing on extended warranties rather then work on improving build quality. !

FCA is not the only automaker to cut power train warranties back to 60,000 miles.

Bob

t8er

They'll actually flat cancel the contract and refund your money. The warranty won't cover components affected by the lift

Jeepnoub

They'll actually flat cancel the contract and refund your money. The warranty won't cover components affected by the lift

The more I think about it the more I want to cancel mine. Especially after reading about Eddies experience.

I guess I didn't think they would be so nit picky on stuff. I was a motorcycle mechanic for over 8 years, and most of the time manufacturer's would still cover stuff even if it was evident the owner caused the issue.

I mainly bought the warranty for engine and electronic component coverage. But from stories I hear, install a light bar and your window motor goes out. They can claim it was light bar. Kinda like how speeding tickets in California are guilty until proven innocent. They know most people won't put up the fight to get what they are entitled to.

Top Bottom