More power!!!

Rodeo_jk

Because i dont have the resources to do it myself and id rather just find a set of rubicon axles if i was gonna do that anyways

Mtbhjm

Any idea what kind of MPG you're getting? I'm looking at this setup now. Realistically, the power gain is probably negligible, but if I can eek out 1 more MPG & have a tiny bit more fun this'll pay for itself.

I get 16.5 city and 18.5 highway on average. My record is 21.5 mpg on the highway going 65-70mph. I am running 35 inch tires and a 2.5" lift.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Does the superchips really make a difference in fuel mileage?

In a nutshell, no it doesn't, it does help in keeping the tire size to gear ratio correct to keep the canbus/pcm/ecu happy.

The tuning options = adjusting the timing to get a better burn from the fuel you chose to burn (87-93 octane), it helps smooth out the idle and provide a smoother acceleration.

If your gearing is set for your tire size and you're running a performance ignition coil and wires you may see some better mileage but just gearing properly you'll see mileage gains return.

I have a 2010, 4.88 gears and using superchips performance tune, Screamin’ Demon Coil and wires running stock plugs gapped wider, when I had the 315's (35) on I was getting 16-17 around town if I didn't put my foot in it. well, I do have a heavy foot so I actually got 14-15 in town, on the freeway I can get 16-21 depending on the wind and my speed.

I now have 37's and my mileage around town is 13 and on the freeway it's 15, I did manage a stretch at 18mpg but that was with a full tank of ethanol free gas. there is a big difference in performance from the stock tune to the performance tune. When I run ethanol free gas the power and mileage is very noticeable.

ScoobyCarolanNC

So here's some anecdotal info. A lot of modern auto transmissions adapt to the drivers style. If the ECU notices you mash it it learns to adapt so you don't have to any more. At least this was the case with cars I drove. I had 3 tuned Audis, but I'm not sure if a jeep operates the same way.

I pulled the battery cable to change my plugs and wires. Once I plugged her back in and test drove she seemed a hair snappier. Give it a shot. Takes 15 minutes and you won't bust your knuckles up or cost you a penny.

Edit: I guess I forgot to mention that losing power caused/causes that programming to reset.

Last edited:

Rodeo_jk

So here's some anecdotal info. A lot of modern auto transmissions adapt to the drivers style. If the ECU notices you mash it it learns to adapt so you don't have to any more. At least this was the case with cars I drove. I had 3 tuned Audis, but I'm not sure if a jeep operates the same way.

I pulled the battery cable to change my plugs and wires. Once I plugged her back in and test drove she seemed a hair snappier. Give it a shot. Takes 15 minutes and you won't bust your knuckles up or cost you a penny.

Edit: I guess I forgot to mention that losing power caused/causes that programming to reset.

I drive a manual

Top Bottom