Mud flaps

What I did was get some actual tractor trailer mud flap brackets and install them. Regular truck mudflaps, cut in half to 12" wide. Nothing aluminum to crack or weaken. HD cast brackets. Cost less than $48 for the complete set.

I used a factory threaded hold for one of the bolts then drilled a 2nd hole for the 2nd bolt.
IMG_8460.jpg

Drops right into place.
IMG_8462.jpg

Easy to pin.
IMG_8457.jpg

They're mud flaps, they do the job. Should last forever.
IMG_8465.jpg

X2. Mine worked great for trip into Oregon. How big of lift and tires are you guys running to get the tickets in Cali ? I'm on 37's w/ 4 1/2 lift and havent been bothered yet, maybe I'm just lucky so far?

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I keep my mud flaps in the back just in case I am pulled over. If I am ever pulled over I plan to use the excuse, “OH, I forgot to put them back on”! :brows: Think it will work? :thinking:

It will work a few times until you get the same cop :-O I used to do this with my front lic plate...and ya when he finally wrote me the ticket it was no fix it. $115 and an hour later I was legal again.

Beyrgut

So being an east coaster and not having this issue, what is the requirement for having mudflaps? Is it height related or fender coverage? I do plan on heading out there for a Rubi run in the next few years and don't really want the hassle. Speaking of which, since I'm an out of towner on vacation does it event matter with my jeep being legal in my home state? Not looking for legal advise as much as others experience/grief.

Top Bottom