Muffler Relocation

BlackHawk08jk

I have this MagnaFlow and can't stand it. Way too loud and to much drone. What did you replace it with.

Put a turndown tip on it and angle it to the driver side slightly it will push the sound out from under the jeep and tones down a lot of noise that's how I did mine, and I like it a lot more

BlackHawk08jk

I purchased the Dynomax Evolution Competition Exhaust system a little while back and I too thought it was too loud and sounded ricey. My wife insisted that she didn't mind it, so I let it ride. Now, I can say that I'm pretty happy that I did. After about 4-6 weeks the tone really settled in and I think it's much quieter than when I first installed it. Maybe give it a little more time, but it sounds like you've got some other options as well.

Good luck!

That's the bad part about putting an exhaust on a v6, they sound kinda ricey no matter what.

Dirt Foot

Put a turndown tip on it and angle it to the driver side slightly it will push the sound out from under the jeep and tones down a lot of noise that's how I did mine, and I like it a lot more

That was a pic during install. It actually finished like this. Still way to much acceleration noise and drone at highway speeds. Sounds like a Honda civic too.

Attachments

• 1435425401266.jpg
    1435425401266.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 63

sjd78

That Flowmaster 50 setup is quiet. I should be receiving my Dynomax muffler today and have an exhaust shop install it where the resonator is early next week.

BlackHawk08jk

That was a pic during install. It actually finished like this. Still way to much acceleration noise and drone at highway speeds. Sounds like a Honda civic too.

I'm actually running an MBRP set up on mine. And my turndown is welded right to the outlet side of the muffler

Ajkaz

I just flattened my tip on my stock exhaust last weekend between a rock and my bumper, I'm going to cut it off at the middle of the 90* bend where it isn't flattened. Hoping it remains as quiet as stock and doesn't allow it to resonate under the jeep. I can't stand any droning or noise at idle. The 3.6l muffler seems much smaller than the 3.8, has anyone tried one on a 3.8? Seems like you could tuck it better away from rocks...

NV375

I just flattened my tip on my stock exhaust last weekend between a rock and my bumper, I'm going to cut it off at the middle of the 90* bend where it isn't flattened. Hoping it remains as quiet as stock and doesn't allow it to resonate under the jeep. I can't stand any droning or noise at idle. The 3.6l muffler seems much smaller than the 3.8, has anyone tried one on a 3.8? Seems like you could tuck it better away from rocks...

I have a 3.6 and managed to partially flatten my stock tip with no bumper while on the Rubicon.

Top Bottom