My 2014 Sport build

Dat_jesus

How bright are those tails and do you still have the third light? Being LED I assume pretty bright from straight on, not sure at an angle. Just wondering with your thoughts on why it happened twice.
I think it was the 68 Cutlass that every one you saw had a bent bumper that most people used to attribute to the thin tail lights, and since you mention Miami, those cotton tops aren't the best on the road for visual acuity. ;)
Glad you're okay at least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Actually both times have been drivers negligence. They were on the phones texting. And on the last one she had a cop right behind her so it was an easy ticket for him to hand out. There’s no amount of lights that could have prevented it if the drivers can’t stay off there phones lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Small update. I was rear ended again. Twice in six months. I’m not sure if it’s just bad Miami drivers or just the Jeeps luck. The car was a total loss. The jeep on the other hand had minor scuffs lol. But my body is definitely paying for it.
View attachment 282117
View attachment 282118
Got a spare and tire carrier. Also got a rack since I’m planning on using my old roof top tent.
View attachment 282119
View attachment 282120

Nice setup. What brand of rack did you go with. Soft top functional with rack on?

Dat_jesus

Just a few shots from yesterday. Took off the rack and tent. Going to make a trailer to carry the equipment. Feels a lot safer without the extra weight on the roof.
IMG_6455.jpg
IMG_6458.jpg
IMG_6466.JPG

Dat_jesus

I noticed the rear diff had a leak since I bought it. Out of curiosity I inspected it better. Took off the fill plug and discovered a huge amount of metal on it. Popped it open to check out what was damaged. Gear and pinion looked good but the carrier is in bad shape. The cover was also bent which explains the leak so I picked up a new cover. I wanted to upgrade the diffs but I am going to buy my first house this summer. I have to save that cash. So I’m just going to buy a locker and shafts for now. Hopefully by the end of the year I’ll get some d60’s lol.

IMG_6503.jpg
IMG_6496.jpg
IMG_6497.jpg
IMG_6499.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I noticed the rear diff had a leak since I bought it. Out of curiosity I inspected it better. Took off the fill plug and discovered a huge amount of metal on it. Popped it open to check out what was damaged. Gear and pinion looked good but the carrier is in bad shape. The cover was also bent which explains the leak so I picked up a new cover. I wanted to upgrade the diffs but I am going to buy my first house this summer. I have to save that cash. So I’m just going to buy a locker and shafts for now. Hopefully by the end of the year I’ll get some d60’s lol.

I wouldn't say that amount of metal is normal, but I've seen much worse. Those spider gear chips aren't uncommon either. I'd truthfully run it until it blows and in the meantime, save for the axles that you plan to get.

Dat_jesus

I wouldn't say that amount of metal is normal, but I've seen much worse. Those spider gear chips aren't uncommon either. I'd truthfully run it until it blows and in the meantime, save for the axles that you plan to get.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve never encountered this before

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I have a 2014 as well. I want that radio. Looks sharp. I think its dumb to have a CD player in this day and age. Never usually care about radios in vehicles but now I see stuff I want.

Top Bottom