My DIY Doors

USMC Wrangler

Any new progress?

Classes are every other Monday, so not since Monday, no. The welder I have on order isn't due to ship until March 10th. So I am stuck using the welder at class every two weeks. But, there may be an opportunity for me to get some time in for a few extra hours in the next three weeks.

USMC Wrangler

That sucks. If you lived out here I'd let you use my shop.

Thanks! I can't wait for my welder to arrive. It's driving me crazy! :icon_crazy: It looks like the shop will be open for use this Wednesday and maybe only one other student. Here's to hoping! :beer:

What kind of welder are you going with?

This is a sickness I hope you know that. Get out while you can. Before long your going to be day dreaming of a shop full of Bailiegh equipment. And drawing sketches and measurements on napkins while eating out with the wife.

USMC Wrangler

This is a sickness I hope you know that. Get out while you can. Before long your going to be day dreaming of a shop full of Bailiegh equipment. And drawing sketches and measurements on napkins while eating out with the wife.

The machine is the Lincoln 210 MP. It's 110/220 and able to do stick, mig, tig as well as aluminum with a spool gun. I'm already terminal with the disease. Everything you described is already happening.

Final product pics,?

They are still in progress. I am posting pics as I go. I had hoped to be done and ready to bedline them already, but the backorder on the welder slowed things down.

Jk909

It's the opposite for me. I spend so much time fabricating at work that I never make anything for my jeep. I feel similar to the mechanics that never work on their own cars lol

USMC Wrangler

Btw good choice on the Lincoln. They make quality rigs.

The Miller machines are good too, from what I can tell. The main thing I've noticed is that people report slightly better customer service from Lincoln. I've gotten to use both brands in the class. Both seem like good performers to me.

I just confirmed that I will be able to get some work done this Wednesday. That's not the normal class day for me, but the instructor will be around to open the shop and is letting me in to melt some metal. :rock: If all goes well, I hope to have all 4 doors tacked up and ready to test fit to hang the "hinges".

mbrindley11

The machine is the Lincoln 210 MP. It's 110/220 and able to do stick, mig, tig as well as aluminum with a spool gun. I'm already terminal with the disease. Everything you described is already happening.

They are still in progress. I am posting pics as I go. I had hoped to be done and ready to bedline them already, but the backorder on the welder slowed things down.

I just picked up my Lincoln 210 MP, I love it! Very easy to use. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424720516.216975.jpg

Those are neat machines.

Was on the fence with the Lincoln MP and Miller's MultiMatic.

Love how they can do it all.

Let's us know how you like it.

USMC Wrangler

USMC Wrangler

Here is the latest...

I started by getting the top rails set and welded, then ground down all the welds flush.
100_0948.jpg

I started to tack the hinges flush but decided to mock up the doors so they set back in the door frame a little more.
100_0949.jpg

100_0950.jpg

Here's one of the rear doors with the middle cross member welded in. I still need to saddle another small piece that I'm putting in between the bottom frame and middle cross member.
100_0954.jpg

Here's one of my "newbie" welds for your critique. I always believe there is room for improvement from those that want to offer constructive criticism.
100_0951.jpg

I still have lots to do, a lot more than I'd like to admit. I don't want these to be crappy or "obviously homemade" even though this is my first major project. I was told today I could come back next Wednesday, so I hope that works out since it's not a normal class day.

Top Bottom