My Dozer

JKFlyer

Other little things I've done are cut the fencing sword antenna and paint it black, Northridge interior lights and rr hood latches. The led lights are a big improvement and the hood latches fixed the hood flutter and look a lot better.

Nice build so far. I also got the north ridge lights....they are awesome

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Nice build so far. I also got the north ridge lights....they are awesome

Yeah, 25 bucks or something . I want some for the white jeep, but Northridge said they might not work on 14's. :(

JKFlyer

Yeah, 25 bucks or something . I want some for the white jeep, but Northridge said they might not work on 14's. :(

Yup..25ish. Amazing how such a cheap mod is so noticeable!

JKbrick

Other little things I've done are cut the fencing sword antenna and paint it black, Northridge interior lights and rr hood latches. The led lights are a big improvement and the hood latches fixed the hood flutter and look a lot better.

How did you cut the antenna down and how short is too short? I know that is a loaded question!

olram30

How did you cut the antenna down and how short is too short? I know that is a loaded question!

You pop the ball on the end off with visegrips and pliers. Then cut some off, I don't remember how much I cut off. I'm out of town right now. Then file down the end so the ball fits and hammer it back on. Then paint. I have the same radio reception and also have satellite radio. I need to do it on the white jeep, I'll take some pictures. Pretty easy.

olram30

Load resistors came in for the tail lights. Doing a little test fit. I'm going to go buy a hole saw to cut out the lights. Looking in there and there is some brace or something. be easier with a 4.5" hole saw.

Attachments

• 1394466181609.jpg
    1394466181609.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 850
  • 1394466196616.jpg
    1394466196616.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 852

olram30

Taped up, and too late to turn back! The astro nutsert tool is a must! Just need to start in the wiring now..:confused::eek:

Attachments

• 1394477104726.jpg
    1394477104726.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 851
  • 1394477115676.jpg
    1394477115676.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 847

olram30

Got stuff ready to tackle the wiring. Just going to cut the old pig tail off and solder on to the new light.

Attachments

• 1394478415571.jpg
    1394478415571.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 852

olram30

Not sure if this will help anybody, but the wiring goes
White w/purple= running
White w/green= back up lights
White w/yellow= brake and turn.
Black= ground.
Or so at least I hope.lol.

Attachments

• 1394478988624.jpg
    1394478988624.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 872

olram30

Well, ran out of time. But I got the passenger side done! Guess I gotta drive with one side only.lol

Attachments

• 1394486199671.jpg
    1394486199671.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 869

olram30

Gonna order evo protek skids and probably rims this month. Trying to debate between slabs or the new chamber rims. Probably go with slabs since they are cheaper. Need to decide on a winch also, thinking of getting a q series from quadratech until I can get a warn power plant.

olram30

Lol. Looking good. It feels a bit weird doesn't it (taking a saw to perfectly good sheet metal.)

Little bit nerve racking! Hopefully tomorrow I can finish. I'm just glad every nutsert went in ok. Didn't have to drill any out and redo.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looks good man, im waiting for it to warm up a little more to start my skin install. Did you paint them yourself? or have them coated? Also once the holes are drilled, are they easy to get back on or do you have to use straps and clamps to re-align them?

I have the quadratec winch with synthetic line that has been perfect for me so far for the ammount it gets used. I was going to get a powerplant but decided the money could go to more things, and ended up just upgrading my compressor instead.

olram30

Looks good man, im waiting for it to warm up a little more to start my skin install. Did you paint them yourself? or have them coated? Also once the holes are drilled, are they easy to get back on or do you have to use straps and clamps to re-align them?

I have the quadratec winch with synthetic line that has been perfect for me so far for the ammount it gets used. I was going to get a powerplant but decided the money could go to more things, and ended up just upgrading my compressor instead.

I followed mtg's directions. Strap from door latch to tail gate latch. Clamp in the tail light hole and one in the bottom corner. Drilled the holes with the skins on. I used self etching primer, then coat of black paint, then coat of rustolium bed liner. Then put silicone and started from the door end. One bolt at a time and work your way back. Maybe a clamp to nudge the last three bolts.
I live in a little town in Wyoming, no powder coaters here:(.
I think I may go that route with the winch.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
yeah there arnt any coaters close to me, well that have decent pricing i should say, so im gonna attempt to paint them myself with some color matched paint instead. My guy thats good isnt used to doing larger jeep things and is like and hour and a half away which is annoying.

olram30

yeah there arnt any coaters close to me, well that have decent pricing i should say, so im gonna attempt to paint them myself with some color matched paint instead. My guy thats good isnt used to doing larger jeep things and is like and hour and a half away which is annoying.

Color matched will look good! I'd wait to paint till after you have them fitted and holes drilled. Those straps will take the paint off. Got to torque down good to get them bastards snug.lol

Top Bottom