My first breakdown on the trail

JKU Arizona

So after messing around with this issue for a month i finally got it fixed (dealership actually), took a month because a local dealer wasted 1 week of my time without looking at it so i decided to take it back to the original dealership that had originally looked at it. Thought I'd update this tread with what was actually wrong with the Jeep. I replaced the following before taking it back to the dealership. All spark-plugs and wires, Coil, all O2 sensors, Crank position sensor and TIPM (fuse box). after not being successful and still getting a flashing check engine light and still the same symptoms i then took it back to the dealership so they could check the PCM and that's what finally fixed it. They replaced the PCM and Coil because the bad PCM fried the new coil and that fixed it.

The TIPM was replaced because Jeep wasn't starting at all. It sounded like it wanted to start but nothing. I wasn't getting any power to the coil. i checked fuses and decided to replace it (because of other small electrical issues i was having;Locks not locking, cigarette lighter plug not working) after replacing TIPM it started up but with the Bad Coil reading and misfire. It also fixed all the other electrical issues i was having the doors lock and unlock now with the key fob and from the inside and the cigarette lighter plugs work now.

So I'm really happy to have Jeep back up and running even if I have to hold off a few more months on a new lift.

Top Bottom