My JK Before...and After!

1BAMFR

looks great, hope to see it in person sometime

any pics with the extended flares on?

Thanks!

Here's a pic of the "Trailmods" flares on....I honestly don't really like the look of them on but it does save me from tickets from the cops.

I am actually going to put a set of flat flares back on it in the next couple weeks.

2013-02-21_14-18-15_778_zpsef740db2.jpg

BlackRockBurner

Nice rig! How do you like the fenders? And when you run with the short flares, where do you hide the wires for the side marker lights. I'm in the market for wider than stock flares.

1BAMFR

Nice rig! How do you like the fenders? And when you run with the short flares, where do you hide the wires for the side marker lights. I'm in the market for wider than stock flares.

I do like the idea of the flares being street legal and then having the option of removing them for the trails.

It give the tires huge flex with no rubbing....the flares on do cover the entire tire and they stick out pretty far too.

I don't use the orange side markers, i zip tied them up in the engine bay. One less thing to deal with because I remove them alot.

I have have had several different flares, I'm going to try the Bushwacker flat flares next w/ metal cloak inner liners..

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Interested to see how much the bushwhackers cover. In the quadratech Catalog they say they are wider than stock but they always seem the same size in pics.

GCM 2

They cover far too much for me, mine didn't last very long on my rig.

Attachments

• image-4221802659.jpg
    image-4221802659.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 196
  • image-1516339589.jpg
    image-1516339589.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 196
  • image-2449376396.jpg
    image-2449376396.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 199

GCM 2

what about the flats tho?

Ahh, my apologies I guess I assumed you meant Bushwhacker pocket flares. Their flat flares are actually really nice, much better than the industry original flat plastic flares made by Xenon, and yes the Bushwhackers do cover the same amount as a factory flare.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ahh, my apologies I guess I assumed you meant Bushwhacker pocket flares. Their flat flares are actually really nice, much better than the industry original flatbplastic flares made by Xenon, and yes the Bushwhackers do cover the same amount as a factory flare.

Did your rig come with that powerplant? Thats awesome if so!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
1BAMFR your Jeep is looking really good! I am sure those bushwacker flats will be a very nice addition and look great! :thumb:

They cover far too much for me, mine didn't last very long on my rig.

GCM 2 it's cool to see your rig as a "teenager" before became the monster it is now! We see how bad ass your Jeeps are now and tend to forget they weren't always like that. :yup:

1BAMFR

1BAMFR your Jeep is looking really good! I am sure those bushwacker flats will be a very nice addition and look great! :thumb:

GCM 2 it's cool to see your rig as a "teenager" before became the monster it is now! We see how bad ass your Jeeps are now and tend to forget they weren't always like that. :yup:

Thanks man!

Yes, i ordered Bushwacker flattys, those pocket flares would get ripped off by a tree on the first trail, hahaha

GCM 2

Did your rig come with that powerplant? Thats awesome if so!

Yes it did! That photo is actually 3hrs after I left the dealership, drove home, took the top off, loaded it with gear and hit the trail. Within a 1/2 hour on the trail, driving thru a box canyon, my passenger front pocket flare was smashed into oblivion. Those things don't flex an inch.

Yep, that was four years ago almost to the week! I really only wanted a Rubicon, there was only one on the lot and it came with a 3" Teraflex short arm, Teraflex front/rear bumpers and rock sliders, PowerPlant winch, and those craptastic pocket flares. My intent was to lightly modify the jeep with some bolt on pieces and use it for occassional light wheeling. My tube buggy was going to still be my heavy hitter for the rough stuff. However, going from daily driver Land Rovers and a TJ, I had no idea how badass a JK was going to be. I quickly changed my mind about the direction of my build after wheeling my JK on a couple of trips. Then when I saw an article about Off Road Evolution in 4x4 Garage "JK Edition" and what they were doing.....well, it was ON! I met Mel Wade, I later joined JK Forum, met a bunch of wheeling bubbas, became an internet super, expert, professional off roader and years later here we are.

Top Bottom