My JKU Build

bhaner

Decided to make a change the other day.

Wasn't happy with the protection that my Metalcloak rock sliders offered. Watching a video a few months ago of a Jeep similar to mine with the same sliders taking a hit and bending the sliders and the door jam didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

Installed some frame mounted EVO sliders! I think I will be much happier with these!

Old:
20180606_184510.jpg

New:
20200203_172734.jpg

20200203_172652.jpg

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Saw on FB that you put these on. I love them and want to get rid of my tub mounted sliders, but I think it's a no go till I get rid of the lower control arm mount and go high clearance. I'm guessing someone with your skill had no prob installing. Did it go smoothly?

bhaner

Saw on FB that you put these on. I love them and want to get rid of my tub mounted sliders, but I think it's a no go till I get rid of the lower control arm mount and go high clearance. I'm guessing someone with your skill had no prob installing. Did it go smoothly?

Yep. Easy install.

I wish I had done them when I had the fuel tank out. I like to be able to clamp things down and get it all just right before I weld it out.

The drivers side was easy.

With the tank in the way the passenger side is a little harder to line up and tack.

But we got it done!

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Yep. Easy install.

I wish I had done them when I had the fuel tank out. I like to be able to clamp things down and get it all just right before I weld it out.

The drivers side was easy.

With the tank in the way the passenger side is a little harder to line up and tack.

But we got it done!

If you are around your place one of these nights I'd like to see your rig in person again. I've had these on my radar for quite a while, plus I am so close to ordering axles and thinking about trying to tackle the high clearance mounts at the same time. I imagine "since I am in there" and have the tank out (again) I could do these too. Would love to get a look at it if you don't mind. ugh, it never ends....

bhaner

If you are around your place one of these nights I'd like to see your rig in person again. I've had these on my radar for quite a while, plus I am so close to ordering axles and thinking about trying to tackle the high clearance mounts at the same time. I imagine "since I am in there" and have the tank out (again) I could do these too. Would love to get a look at it if you don't mind. ugh, it never ends....

Anytime! :)

Napalm

Wasn't happy with the protection that my Metalcloak rock sliders offered. Watching a video a few months ago of a Jeep similar to mine with the same sliders taking a hit and bending the sliders and the door jam didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

Installed some frame mounted EVO sliders! I think I will be much happier with these!

Old:
View attachment 341083

New:
View attachment 341081

View attachment 341082

Lookin’ good! I wish they made these for the JL. I love em!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Old:
View attachment 341083

New:
View attachment 341081

View attachment 341082

Did you change back to stock arms and stock wheels for the picture?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom