My Jku rear ended by mini van

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I was stopped at a stop light and had a chevy equinox rear end me going about 35 or so, she was on her phone, I am rocking just the frame rail with no spare tire and it bent it the rear frame cross member to where it was touching the tub and the left frame rail was bent in maybe 15 degrees or so. Absolutely mangled her front end.

Any issue with not having a rear bumper? In terms of her claiming you should or something

I would be curious about this as well, given that the defenses are so narrow for this kind of argument and really difficult to prove. It really boils down to liability and that fact that the damages suffered were as a direct result of the person rear ending and that the construction of the vehicle may or may not have contributed to the damages.

But in the end, we all are allowed to assume that everyone else is obeying the law. We do not have to live our lives in fear of other people breaking the law and then when we don't, be expected to become liable. Almost like having someone steal your car and then being responsible for the damages that the thief administered during the commission of the crime. Great to be in America.

Chasemccl

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago while I was stopped at a red light, but mine didn't take the hit as good as y'all's did. I lost the spare tire, the tailgate, some bumper damage and a few other things. But compared to the other two cars it could have been a lot worse IMG_1450.jpg IMG_1454.jpg IMG_1456.jpg IMG_1444.jpg IMG_1448.jpg IMG_1446.jpg IMG_1447.jpg

rogerk93

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago while I was stopped at a red light, but mine didn't take the hit as good as y'all's did. I lost the spare tire, the tailgate, some bumper damage and a few other things. But compared to the other two cars it could have been a lot worse View attachment 235142 View attachment 235143 View attachment 235146 View attachment 235147 View attachment 235149 View attachment 235150 View attachment 235151
For the amount of damage done to their cars your jeep has very little damage lol. ill write that down as a win.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

I had something similar happen to me just over a year ago, except I was the one hitting the car :naw:

In my defense, the 16 year old kid cut me off and slammed on the brakes at over 60 miles an hour. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

OhNoTheJiggies

That sucks, sorry to hear about the damage. Your jeep did hold up pretty well though.
Makes me consider this when it comes to tailgate attached carriers vs the simply frame mounted without the tailgate integration. Or one attached to the rock skins.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would be curious about this as well, given that the defenses are so narrow for this kind of argument and really difficult to prove. It really boils down to liability and that fact that the damages suffered were as a direct result of the person rear ending and that the construction of the vehicle may or may not have contributed to the damages.

But in the end, we all are allowed to assume that everyone else is obeying the law. We do not have to live our lives in fear of other people breaking the law and then when we don't, be expected to become liable. Almost like having someone steal your car and then being responsible for the damages that the thief administered during the commission of the crime. Great to be in America.

Being that my vehicle was registered in ND it is perfectly legal to not have a rear bumper, plus the fact that she was 100% at fault due to staring down at her cell phone and rear ending me in state of California it made her the one who was liable for all damages.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
So this thread is as good as any...

Look into getting a dashcam for you vehicle. It'll get 99% of boring nothingness but in the event you need it, it's right there for you. I have the Blackvue 650 and I highly recommend it. Pics are screenshots from the phone app. The dashcam records 1080p.

IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_8748.jpg

Top Bottom