My life with a Brick

WJCO

Meme King
Does your meter not beep when you have continuity?

It beeps yes but I have no clue what continuity is, I’m a plumber. Is that like having flow?

Exactly like having flow. If it beeps, the switch is closed (on).

A piece of copper pipe has continuity. If you cut it in half and separate the pieces, there is no longer continuity. Electrical is identical. Most meters have a continuity feature that beeps at you. If you're testing a switch and it beeps, the switch is on and the wire is connected. If it doesn't beep, switch is off (open circuit).

JKbrick

A piece of copper pipe has continuity. If you cut it in half and separate the pieces, there is no longer continuity. Electrical is identical. Most meters have a continuity feature that beeps at you. If you're testing a switch and it beeps, the switch is on and the wire is connected. If it doesn't beep, switch is off (open circuit).

Thanks Doug, now I broke the switch so I’ll get another one tomorrow. Guess you can over tighten the nut that mounts it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
The only parts store I could walk in was Auto Zone, every damn switch was made in China, cheap ass shit. Oh and a wrench to actually answer your question [emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just tell Dan at Napa you need an all metal Toggle switch. They should have some. Ask for a single pole single throw.

Top Bottom