My life with a Brick

JKbrick

when are you planning on starting on that?

I got the shock relocation brackets welded on last night and drug it home so I may mess with it tomorrow night. It’s supposed to be so nice Saturday I may work in the yard but I’m not sure with that sitting there I’ll be able to ignore it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I got the shock relocation brackets welded on last night and drug it home so I may mess with it tomorrow night. It’s supposed to be so nice Saturday I may work in the yard but I’m not sure with that sitting there I’ll be able to ignore it [emoji23]

Haha thats what I did. I had the axle ready to go in but really not enough time to get it installed so I was just going to roll it under the jeep. My wife came out yelling at me that they were waiting for me to eat as I was bolting up the control arms...haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Had a couple minutes after dinner and messed with the axle. Just for starters I left the control arms the length I had them before. The bottom two and the upper driver that bolts to the top of the pig are in, but the upper passenger is too short. Is it fair to assume all 4 holes are not in the same locations? Maybe none of them are?

jesse3638

Hooked
Had a couple minutes after dinner and messed with the axle. Just for starters I left the control arms the length I had them before. The bottom two and the upper driver that bolts to the top of the pig are in, but the upper passenger is too short. Is it fair to assume all 4 holes are not in the same locations? Maybe none of them are?

Mine bolted right in with no adjustments so I assumed they were in the same location. Just the typical tipping and shifted it. Why so much bump stop?

JKbrick

If you’re at full stuff and the bump stops aren’t even touching, something’s wrong. What’s preventing more up travel?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Not full stuff I’m not sure why I said that, but I lengthened the uppers and jacked it up into the foam to check all the clearances
62656804143__13C848DD-A237-4867-B3C4-FD2048AFEAEA.jpg

JKbrick

Mine bolted right in with no adjustments so I assumed they were in the same location. Just the typical tipping and shifted it. Why so much bump stop?

The instructions said they use the same perch on the TJ and jk axle so they add that 1” thing on a jk to get it to stock height. Then I put 3” bump stops on since I have 3” plush rides

jeeeep

Hooked
I put in those Sumospring foam things when I bought the Jeep and was going to remove them for this step but I can’t get them pulled out now

i used those on my JK, spray the nut with PB Blaster or WD40 then using a small pry bar or screw driver to wedge between the mount and the sumo or use large channel locks to stop it from spinning it should break loose.

if you have an oil can wrench it also works well to hold the sumo

JKbrick

i used those on my JK, spray the nut with PB Blaster or WD40 then using a small pry bar or screw driver to wedge between the mount and the sumo or use large channel locks to stop it from spinning it should break loose.

if you have an oil can wrench it also works well to hold the sumo

It looks like there is a metal washer possibly that is part of it? Not just all foam. I’m not sure these completely compress like the factory ones do

Top Bottom