My life with a Brick

JKbrick

looking at the pics it looks like the cup where the balljoint drops into isn't deep enough.

once it starts to press out it'll bottom out in the cup and won't budge

I had that issue at 1st and had to get the 4wd joint kit to get a deeper cups - or cut off the studs above the threads. but you'll still need a deep cup to press them in

I'll look closer at that, I thought it would only have to push up the thickness of the "c" then it would be loose. Good thought

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

After reading this thread... I think when mine go I'm just going to order the Dynatrac kit with the PR44 front and axle shafts for the rear... I've done ball joints before on a dodge and a Chevy (both pickups) but I am disinclined to do these ones. holy crap I feel for you JKbrick.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's what I'm ready to do but my wife doesn't really care for the costs associated with this addiction so I tread lightly and it takes me a while to make purchases

madstiles

I've had to undo the track bar on one end and use a ratchet strap from frame to axle and pull the axle over a few inches in order to do passenger side. Leave track bar undone until finished with both side put wheels and tires on set back on ground and reinstall track bar. Takes 2 have someone turn the steering wheel in on direction or the other as you line up the track bar and slide the bolt through and tighten.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I might be wrong but I think your pushing the wrong way the uppers come out through the bottom so you push them down the deep cup would be on the bottom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

looking at the pics it looks like the cup where the balljoint drops into isn't deep enough.

once it starts to press out it'll bottom out in the cup and won't budge

I had that issue at 1st and had to get the 4wd joint kit to get a deeper cups - or cut off the studs above the threads. but you'll still need a deep cup to press them in

So the pictures I had posted were the top and I was trying to push up, but then I switched to try to push the bottom one down and it moved but the you were correct as it bottomed out and that is why I couldn't get it
Image1483391020.051448.jpg
It did move though, I went to napa and ordered the adapter kit to go with my press that has more attachments. To be continued Wednesday night...........

jeeeep

Hooked
So the pictures I had posted were the top and I was trying to push up, but then I switched to try to push the bottom one down and it moved but the you were correct as it bottomed out and that is why I couldn't get it
View attachment 236915
It did move though, I went to napa and ordered the adapter kit to go with my press that has more attachments. To be continued Wednesday night...........

good deal:thumb:

before you press the new ones in make sure they don't bottom out in the install cup or it may ruin the ball joint, use the washer kit you got from Dynatrac.

Top Bottom