My $low JK Build

NAUJK

NAUJK - Are you happy with the hybrid stubby? That's the bumper I'm leaning towards for my winch I won at EJS. Simple, light and cheap. I'm fond of all of these attributes!

Oh yeah...I like your wheels as well ;)

Yeah I am very happy with it! It looks good for the price very simple and clean. I smashed it on a rock earlier in the year but it was on an end cap and I have a spare to replace it with. Sometime in the future I will be replacing it with the EVO or LOD stinger bumper. But thats not going to be for a while. The next step is upgrading the suspension in prep to swap everything over to the EVO 3" Enforcer.

Thanks haha they have been scraped and mangled since those pictures :cheesy:

JKU EXTREME

I'm right there with you man, I'm just another poor student only able to work the summer, I myself just got my tires and wheels (285/75R16) and I should be putting on a small lift next week, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one building up my Jeep on a student budget
Best of luck so far yours is pretty beast

Briguy114

I'm in the same boat. Right now I'm a broke grad student and trying to upgrade is tough. I just bought some Rubi coils and shocks tho and if all goes to plan I will be getting some 33s in the next month or so. Your build is looking good so far

NAUJK

I'm right there with you man, I'm just another poor student only able to work the summer, I myself just got my tires and wheels (285/75R16) and I should be putting on a small lift next week, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one building up my Jeep on a student budget
Best of luck so far yours is pretty beast

I'm in the same boat. Right now I'm a broke grad student and trying to upgrade is tough. I just bought some Rubi coils and shocks tho and if all goes to plan I will be getting some 33s in the next month or so. Your build is looking good so far

Its always nice to know were not alone!
Thanks!! shes my baby! My friends call it my Mistress... since I spend whatever I can on it.

I do what I can. My friends all give me crap cus I am always on this forum and just looking around at things that I can get and what I need to sacrifice to buy parts. When I bought the winch in October I sacrificed food for the last week of or so of the month, rice isn't a terrible thing to eat anyway. :rolleyes2: Def is a Jeep thing. Got them all hooked tho roommates are lookin to buy Jeeps so I think I am doing it right.

I am running 4dr Rubi springs and a 2.5 budget boost on mine at the moment and it rides great sitting around 3-3.5 inches on 285/70s.

Here are the most recent pictures I have of it.

DSC01752.jpg DSC01753.jpg DSC01754.jpg

JKU EXTREME

That's really sweet, but atleast you go on trails, where I live there aren't trails nearby, unless I want to drive north for about 4 hours, which would be a full tank of gas there and back plus another tank for the trail, but hopefully when I go to college I'll be able to hit some trails

NAUJK

That's really sweet, but atleast you go on trails, where I live there aren't trails nearby, unless I want to drive north for about 4 hours, which would be a full tank of gas there and back plus another tank for the trail, but hopefully when I go to college I'll be able to hit some trails

My brother just said the same thing to me today. "At least you have trails to go to" Hes stuck in Enid OK, Vance AFB. We're from Colorado we arnt flat land people so he complains a lot.

Those pictures are from Colorado. I am in Arizona for school for at least another 2 more years so I dont have all the awesome trails as I did up there. Flag isnt really close to any of the good trails they're all at least an hour or more way so Im in a similar boat as yourself. Its expensive to go out, thats why I bring riders who help pay for gas. Or when WAYALIFErs come out from SoCal I always try and meet up with them and do some trails. Like SOCALJEEPER and Eddie. Where are you planning on going to College?

JKU EXTREME

Up in San Antonio, Texas there are a few trails I found on the AllTrails but some are better nothing, and practice makes perfect

But I'll be up there soon enough because I'm starting my senior year in August

But sadly no SoCal Jeepers will come down to Texas, most likely, because we have nothing trail wise or anything worth their time

NAUJK

Some are better than none. Youre always welcome to venture out to AZ sometime ill show ya around.

You are a little farther away then I am but there are tons of Texas wayalifers im sure you can hookup with to do something. Eddie came out to AZ for the Overland Expo that we have every May so I lucked out and got to wheel with him and Moochie.

Starting my Senior year as well just of College instead :cool:

JKU EXTREME

I will definitely hit you up if I'm in Arizona, I've been to Scottsdale and I loved it

But ya there are actually some San Antonio Wayalifers, which is awesome

NAUJK

I will definitely hit you up if I'm in Arizona, I've been to Scottsdale and I loved it

But ya there are actually some San Antonio Wayalifers, which is awesome

I dislike the Phoenix area to be quite honest but there is some nice wheeling down there.

Installed JK12s old 1.75" Spacers and removed the rear bumper ... again.. looks better wider.

DSC01870.jpg DSC01871.jpg DSC01874.jpg

JKU EXTREME

It looks good my friend, but is everywhere in Arizona hot? Or are there just hot spots
Because I know down where I live it's not so much hot as it is humid

NAUJK

Thanks Evo Draglink is next my front axle needs to be shifted over quite a bit.

Uhh Prescott and Payson arent to terrible. Flagstaff as you can see in the pictures has Pine trees and it literally just rained all day which is weird but was nice. Flagstaff is at 7000ft so the hottest it gets is about mid 90s which it used to never even get that hot. Prescott can get in the hundreds. Basically every other place in the state is hot. Flagstaff is the coldest since it is at 7000ft. Which is nice cus if you get tired of the cold in winter you drive an hour south or so and its shorts and tshirt weather again.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Actually, it does. Sorry. I didn't realize it was sold that way. For some reason I thought they were sold separately.

:beer:

NAUJK

Actually, it does. Sorry. I didn't realize it was sold that way. For some reason I thought they were sold separately.

Dont worry about it. :) Thanks for lookin out for any stupid mistakes I may make tho :crazyeyes:

NAUJK

Its been a long time since Ive posted in here soo this is what is new!

I got a new LED light bar!!

20131011_170611.jpg

And the big one! I installed 3" Evo Plush Ride Coils! And at the moment the measurements according do the Dynotrac diagram I am sitting around 4" over stock with them on my 2 door. But as evo says they still have that plush ride feel ... and They really do feels so much better than the JKUR springs and 2.5" Pucks I had before them.

new springs.jpg

The Tie Rod is removed because I was going to replace that too but the treading is either messed up or something because the end piece on the drivers side wont thread together...
new springs 2.jpg

new springs 3.jpg

Also Good thing we worked on it and put new springs on or else we wouldnt have noticed the worn out and broken rear brake hardline that was starting to leak... finding that out on the trail would have be terrible news.

All fixed up and ready for the trail tomorrow
20131109_154800.jpg

NAUJK

congrats on the EVO setup. :clap2: someday I'll get mine:D

I am very happy with my EVO setup it rides like a dream now that my death wobble is taken care of :crazyeyes:

Just noticed I have no pictures of what my rig looks like with the new springs on in my build thread here, Ive posted these other places a few times now but here they are.

My new Evo Flex :rock:
20131111_124833.jpg

Sittin flat and pretty
20131113_093947.jpg

20131113_094018.jpg

20131113_094038.jpg

next up is probably a new rear driveshaft and rear UCA

Top Bottom