my planned 3" lift, please advise?

iM7md

Since you plan on going fast I'd also suggest throwing in a set of C-gussets for your front axle as well, EVO, artec, etc make them. Most here use EVO, they're like $60 or something and will give you a bit more strength on your front axle C's (which are a weak point) when off road.

Thanks a lot Christarp for sharing this point, EVO C-gussets included to the list

iM7md

A Wrangler isn't really a good vehicle to run fast off road. You can do it but you will either be breaking parts a lot or spending a lot and breaking parts less often. The lift you are looking at is designed for driving trails at lower speeds and the joints will wear out quickly at high speeds. The d30 and d44 axles aren't made to take that abuse either and you will need more than gusetts to stop the bending. Minimum would be c gussets and chromoly shafts. Ideally you would have 60's front and rear trussed. Minimum for shocks would be an external resi but coilovers are better. With regular shocks they will over heat and the rears have a bar pin that cannot take abuse well. If you really want to go fast off road in a Jeep I would strongly suggest getting an Evo coilover system because that is what they are designed for and have been tested hard. Other than that, get a trail welder cause you will need it.

Thanks Skirmish for your valuable info, I will go with external resi shocks, EVO c gussets and I'll try to be as gentle as possible :)

iM7md

You can't use those brackets with coil springs. The cost of those brackets would be better spent paying a shops labor rate to weld in the evo brackets for the king bumps... at least you wouldn't have to worry about breaking a bracket.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks TheDuff , brackets off the list

Skirmish

Thanks Skirmish for your valuable info, I will go with external resi shocks, EVO c gussets and I'll try to be as gentle as possible :)

Keeping your wheels on the ground will help a lot, jumping will destroy your axles. The stock ball joints will give out quickly with bigger tires and mild abuse and really keep an eye on all of the brackets between the axles and the frames. Stock track bar and control arm brackets are not strong and will deform quickly when hammered.

Sent from my HTC One using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom