My POS take #... Oh heck, I forget

dillard09

It's a 6.4 srt engine. Staying with 5.38s as with the 8th speed it will cruise in 8th at low rpm. If I kept 5 speed I'd have to regear. I'm going to put a sport case in for now. The Rubicon case with the 4.7 1st gear is too low imo for some places like the dunes. Not worried about crawling with all the torque :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sweet. Should be putting down some nice power numbers then. Any ballpark guesses on HP and ft/lbs?
I like that first gear of 4.7. I have the 6L80 and a sport case and i find it very comparable to the stock JK tranny (42RE) and the rubi case. But have much more torque with the LS when using some throttle. Im thinking of an Atlas in the future but cant decided between 3.0 or 3.8
Thinking of an Atlas in the future for yours?

Also any concerns on cooling that Hemi?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Sweet. Should be putting down some nice power numbers then. Any ballpark guesses on HP and ft/lbs?
I like that first gear of 4.7. I have the 6L80 and a sport case and i find it very comparable to the stock JK tranny (42RE) and the rubi case. But have much more torque with the LS when using some throttle. Im thinking of an Atlas in the future but cant decided between 3.0 or 3.8
Thinking of an Atlas in the future for yours?

Also any concerns on cooling that Hemi?
Ive driven the 6.2 and 6l80 with sport case and get same feeling. I actually had a gen v 6.2 and 8l90 I was gonna run. Then decided I wanted a V8 that actually makes power. Haha JK. I only switched when I found a way to put the 8 speed in. Also figured id get some interesting looks at work with Chevy power :)

I will put in a 3:1 Atlas if I blow up sport case. Just not in cards right now. Should be putting out around 500/500 at crank. Should be fun.

As for cooling no. I know I'll probably start a debate but if done right the hemi doesn't have an overheating problem. The heat rejection is actually higher on the 3.6! I'm not worried.

dillard09

Ive driven the 6.2 and 6l80 with sport case and get same feeling. I actually had a gen v 6.2 and 8l90 I was gonna run. Then decided I wanted a V8 that actually makes power. Haha JK. I only switched when I found a way to put the 8 speed in. Also figured id get some interesting looks at work with Chevy power :)

I will put in a 3:1 Atlas if I blow up sport case. Just not in cards right now. Should be putting out around 500/500 at crank. Should be fun.

As for cooling no. I know I'll probably start a debate but if done right the hemi doesn't have an overheating problem. The heat rejection is actually higher on the 3.6! I'm not worried.

Oh I bet you would get some looks rolling up with an LS.
So the LS has no problems making power either. I have a 6.0 LS that is 500/480 at the crank. 👍
I hear ya. The Atlas wasn't in the cards for me either but down the road it will happen. And I'm leaning towards that 3:1 as well.
I know it can be done to keep cool but was curious to what your plan was.
Looking forward to seeing it done.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Oh I bet you would get some looks rolling up with an LS.
So the LS has no problems making power either. I have a 6.0 LS that is 500/480 at the crank. 👍
I hear ya. The Atlas wasn't in the cards for me either but down the road it will happen. And I'm leaning towards that 3:1 as well.
I know it can be done to keep cool but was curious to what your plan was.
Looking forward to seeing it done.
The biggest overheating problem I've seen is on aev kit ones because they use tiny 5.7 manifolds on the 6.4 and small cats that I don't think flow real great. So all that back pressure forces the heat back up into the engine. Just my 2c. My buddies setup I'm running I've never seen overheat. Not saying it's not possible. Well see :)

dillard09

The biggest overheating problem I've seen is on aev kit ones because they use tiny 5.7 manifolds on the 6.4 and small cats that I don't think flow real great. So all that back pressure forces the heat back up into the engine. Just my 2c. My buddies setup I'm running I've never seen overheat. Not saying it's not possible. Well see :)

Gotcha. I have a buddy running the 392 and his runs warm and his fan runs not stop.
I know it can be done and I hope yall get it.
Are you going to move your winch down out of in front of your grill to help airflow a bit?

dillard09

Ya I'll probably move I down.

Whose kit is he running? Tell him to msg me.

Good call. I went ahead and moved mine down and swapped winch just to be on the safe side. Went from the 1/4 pounder and Powerplant to the Evo Pro without the hoop and the Warn Zeon. Its sits nice and low. And looks pretty badass to boot.
He is not on WAL or I would. Thanks for trying to help. 👍

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

I do agree on the manifolds and cats. The kit mine has, keeps the 3.6 cats. I think that’s a mistake and it’s on my list to get addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kpig

Well...I’m glad I checked back in and saw this. Hope alls well for you. Looking forward to the finished product.

jesse3638

Hooked
My advice, if you want to get the most out of your LS get the Kooks long tube headers. I put them on Jakes and I have 2 more lined up for the same exhaust. Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Just need an out of state address to register it at or know a guy who owns a smog shop..haha. My buddy only told me about the smog shop he uses after I ordered my JBA shorties for my Titan. Otherwise I'd have gone with the long tubes and removed the forward cats. Stupid CA

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom