My PR60's with Full Float

silverbackjk

So I called Off Road Evolution and spoke to Jake and he said no way to get that kit outside of them doing it.

I may be wrong but every time I try getting information about my order(s) he treats me like I'm wasting his time. Great products not too impressed with how they treat customers. Maybe its because I have certain expectations and I need to lower them but they have lost a bit of my business due to this. /rant

With the amount your spending with the you would think they would bend over backwards to help you. You should put a call in to mel for some help.

Prime8

Ah...dammit for assuming again. But I assumed they were one in the same. So I take back EVO and insert ORE.

ORE is the install shop and Mel's base camp, from what I understand. EVO MFG is where they actually make all their parts. And I have had the same issue with each of the 5+ times I've called. I have heard it from a lot of others too, not just you. So while I can sympathize with him dealing with stupid questions sometimes, I would still have to disagree with Greg that he isn't usually like that, since all evidence is to the contrary.

Prime8

With the amount your spending with the you would think they would bend over backwards to help you. You should put a call in to mel for some help.

I had to battle for a long time to talk to Mel... Once I got him, he was very nice and very helpful, but getting past the gates can be tough sometimes because he is busy and everyone wants to talk to him... Haha

silverbackjk

I had to battle for a long time to talk to Mel... Once I got him, he was very nice and very helpful, but getting past the gates can be tough sometimes because he is busy and everyone wants to talk to him... Haha

I would say that is true but if I'm spending 15k plus I want my questions answered and to be treated with respect. No brushed off

Last edited:
I feel no matter the $ spent its customer service. The person that they're speaking with at that moment should be 100% top priority. If they are spending $100 or $10000 it doesn't matter. I understand busy as I am sure all of you do too. To me its your best foot forward all the time. I dont want to make it seem like I hate these people just disappointed. I have reached out numerous times and its been a similar experience every time. I will continue to order from them just with different expectations that is all. However I will say due to the lack of service they did lose out on both my PR60's and a PR44 order. If someone would have just followed up with a couple questions I had all my business would have been there.

Again I don't want to bash anyone just felt a little frustrated after calling when I was supposed to be called back yesterday.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Man, sorry to hear that! But I can say this in their defense, and by no way am I implying that you fit into the category; That shop is beyond busy! And sometimes Jake does nothing but answer questions on the phone and doing this while trying to keep all customers happy no matter how stupid the questions are is almost impossible. Your question is definitely legitimate, but the other 200 phone calls out of 250 that day were probably straight up bull shit. I have even gotten the run around from the guys there when I have called, and you know, sometimes it is all about timing and it seems you caught the guy on a bad day. If you personally knew Jake, that is definitely not like him and Mel would in no way allow that to be the standard of customer service.

Anyway, I kind of figured they would release that kind of stuff for public install. It is their "EVO high steer set up", and as much as we all want that one piece of kit, sometimes a manufacturer just wants to keep the good stuff for themselves to put on a rig. Sucks!

Just to clear things up I wasn't bashing Jake, as I have never met or talked to him, but just what I have seen online. (and everything on the internet is true :cheesy:) I agree about the hundreds of phone calls though. Customer service is a stressful industry. I'm sure EVO will make it right as they always do.

I would say that is true but if I'm spending 15k plus I want my questions answered and to be treated with respect. No brushed off.

Customer service should be given in every situation not just to people spending money. I work in the customer service industry and at times when I want to tell a customer to F off I smile and say "sure, no problem."

Prime8

I would say that is true but if I'm spending 15k plus I want my questions answered and to be treated with respect. No brushed off.

I felt the same way with spending $5k. Money is relative to who's spending it, so for me $5k is a significant amount.

Prime8

I feel no matter the $ spent its customer service. The person that they're speaking with at that moment should be 100% top priority. If they are spending $100 or $10000 it doesn't matter. I understand busy as I am sure all of you do too. To me its your best foot forward all the time. I dont want to make it seem like I hate these people just disappointed. I have reached out numerous times and its been a similar experience every time. I will continue to order from them just with different expectations that is all. However I will say due to the lack of service they did lose out on both my PR60's and a PR44 order. If someone would have just followed up with a couple questions I had all my business would have been there.

Again I don't want to bash anyone just felt a little frustrated after calling when I was supposed to be called back yesterday.

Just give Chris a call, I guarantee he will wipe that bad taste out of your mouth.

silverbackjk

Customer service should be given in every situation not just to people spending money. I work in the customer service industry and at times when I want to tell a customer to F off I smile and say "sure, no problem."

I was just saying when your placing such a big order you should get treated with respect and have your questions answered.

I was just saying when your placing such a big order you should get treated with respect and have your questions answered.

I understand completely! I am in sales/service myself. I always teach everyone that works for me that without customers we are not in business, PERIOD! The customer is not always right but what good is proving that to them. Take the opportunity to fix whatever is going on and prove we "give a shit", educate them and make them feel like they are part of the process not some idiot asking questions. If they knew it they wouldn't be contacting you. I feel so many people just miss the basics...we are all people not experts. Most of us would jump at the chance to learn something not be shown how much we don't know. Just my .02 :bleh:

Again sorry for all the ranting I am sure in 3-4 months when I am on some trail none of this will matter :yup:

Prime8

Agreed. CALL CHRIS! I can be a worrier, especially when spending a lot of money, so every little question I had I called him, and every time he was courteous and helpful. I sure I was a pain in the ass for a while, but he handled it like a champ! Haha

Prime8

crippledpetey;/ said:
I am sure in 3-4 months when I am on some trail none of this will matter :yup:

Haha, nope. As soon as its installed and your rig looks great and rides great, you forget all about it!

RDE2ROK

I have also had a problem with a question. I understand busy, but I need to know answers when ordering axles & suspension, and these guys are the professionals! I love there products but needs more customer service for sure. I just ended up ordering my axle from Dynatrac which were helpful with every question. I'm sure I paid more that way but have a full understanding of what I need and what I'm getting. I don't know who I talked to but I felt like I was a bother. Not meaning to slam anyone, but it's a lot of money!

JaySC

Man, I'm sorry you guys feel that way. Not trying to be a fanboy or anything, and I certainly don't know the ORE crew as well as a lot of you on here, but I've had nothing but great experiences with them, both via phone and in person. In comparison, I've also checked out another shop relatively new to the off road scene, not going to mention any names (they're in Santa Fe Springs and should really stick with what they know best...ricers), and they sucked...they pushed products without asking, gave me the run around, and just weren't forthright in many respects.

With ORE, I've bothered Jake on many occasions asking the same questions over and over (about the PR 60, high steer kit, etc.) without any real commitment to buy as I am still saving up, and he has answered each of those questions...he also offered other suggestions that would save me money based on my needs. That's a two thumbs up in my book. But I do know they are busy and I also know they are inundated with some bs calls...I've personally been there in person during some of those calls, and even witnessed a couple coming in to ask them to do auto repair work on their Toyota Corolla.

Update**When rants go wrong :crazyeyes:

So I just got off the phone with Mel and Lisa from Off Road Evolution. Both were extremely nice and great to talk with. First off I want to make sure that I clear up anything that may have been taken the wrong way with an earlier post. I never meant to "flame" anyone, ORE or EVO. After chatting with Mel we are on the same page and I hopefully still on good terms, since we've never met in person :blush: But I made a post while frustrated which is never good and I should have handled it properly by talking with management not on a forum. I still do believe that customer service is #1 priority but what they don't know they cannot fix either and thats where I failed.

The fact that Mel took time to resolve this issue ASAP was awesome. I apologize to him and Lisa as well for making them take time out of their busy day to "deal" with this. I also encourage anyone that may have feedback for either ORE or EVO to contact them and give it. They were willing to listen to everything I had to say. I am truly sorry I never meant it to be taken this way at all.

I am still excited to get my awesome EVO products and will be ordering a couple more things shortly! :thumb:

RDE2ROK

I don't hold it against them, I know how popular they are and are very busy. Like I said I love their products and still need to get coilovers as well as other things. I know there are a lot of BS calls but a little patients goes a long ways. The money comes in through the customer.

I don't hold it against them, I know how popular they are and are very busy. Like I said I love their products and still need to get coilovers as well as other things. I know there are a lot of BS calls but a little patients goes a long ways. The money comes in through the customer.

I dont hold it against them either but I want to make sure that everyone knows they stand behind their shop and products and care what we as customers think. I wanted to let everyone know that as well since I was the one that started the rant. They did not ask me to post anything they just wanted to make sure a customer was taken care of. Thats why I encourage everyone to provide them with feedback if you have it :yup: it will only make it better for all customers. I was not in any way trying to attack or flame anyone. It was more frustration coming through where it shouldn't have.

Update**When rants go wrong :crazyeyes:

So I just got off the phone with Mel and Lisa from Off Road Evolution. Both were extremely nice and great to talk with. First off I want to make sure that I clear up anything that may have been taken the wrong way with an earlier post. I never meant to "flame" anyone, ORE or EVO. After chatting with Mel we are on the same page and I hopefully still on good terms, since we've never met in person :blush: But I made a post while frustrated which is never good and I should have handled it properly by talking with management not on a forum. I still do believe that customer service is #1 priority but what they don't know they cannot fix either and thats where I failed.

The fact that Mel took time to resolve this issue ASAP was awesome. I apologize to him and Lisa as well for making them take time out of their busy day to "deal" with this. I also encourage anyone that may have feedback for either ORE or EVO to contact them and give it. They were willing to listen to everything I had to say. I am truly sorry I never meant it to be taken this way at all.

I am still excited to get my awesome EVO products and will be ordering a couple more things shortly! :thumb:

Glad to hear Mel and Lisa made it right! :thumb:

Top Bottom