My Trans-America Trail Trip

WarriorJeep

So I suppose, for those who are interested, here is a comprehensive list of my sponsors and some comments. I will likely just add to this thread the complete reviews on each item as well.

The generous sponsors of the Transamerica Trail trek.....

Edited....

Last edited by a moderator:

WarriorJeep

Since when did thanking people who made it all possible become a problem?

Including forum sponsors? Kind of hurts them too ya know

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

First rule, can you promote a cause or agenda? No, you were.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467957220.466899.jpg

Second rule, can you direct members to other YouTube jeep related YouTube channels? No, you did.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467957264.155644.jpg

Third rule, can non profits contribute on Wayalife? No, you are.

Fourth rule, can you promote non profits? No, you were.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467957327.716080.jpg

JAGS

Hooked

You seem to have been around long enough to know better. Overlander laid it out, pretty black and white.

WarriorJeep

Well lets see here.

I did not promote a cause, nor was that my reason for joining or remaining a member of the Wayalife forums. Just happens that for a cause I did the Transamerica Trail which is over and done with.

Yep my bad I did point people to the YouTube channel, i'll own that

I am not a non profit, just a retired soldier

Nope, never once did I say "hey go here and donate to such and such"

But if you feel that strongly, suspend my account, delete or blank all my posts for the Transamerica Trail which clearly display some things (sticker on the sides of my JK) that it appears are against the rules.

However, several of your forum sponsors helped out in the trek, I was giving them them the props they deserved.

As for the YouTube link, no worries, I forgot my bad. But giving props to Dynatrac, Trail Jeeps, etc baffles me. I re-read the post you edited and nowhere in there did I "violate" any of the other rules. Nowhere did it indicate anything non-profit, or cause related.

So its your call on that one

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You don't have to say "give me money" to be promoting a cause.

You broke some rules and got called on it. Where it goes from here is pretty much up to you. As I see it, you can give the same old "I was just trying to help" song and dance we have heard so many times, or you can accept that you were wrong and move on.

And if you got parts for free (regardless from whom) and are now boasting up about them, you are pimping. Whether they happen to be advertisers is besides the point.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Overlander and Sharkey may have a point on this one David. House rules are house rules and they're here to enforce them, for all our good. Hoping to hear more about your trip and your product reviews. List of sponsors is easily found via your website or pics of the Jeep, so no need to list here. I'd say just move on and tell us more about the trip. Hope you decide to do so and stick around for a long time to come. I always appreciated your posts in the past. Looking forward to more.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Overlander and Sharkey may have a point on this one David. House rules are house rules and they're here to enforce them, for all our good. Hoping to hear more about your trip and your product reviews. List of sponsors is easily found via your website or pics of the Jeep, so no need to list here. I'd say just move on and tell us more about the trip. Hope you decide to do so and stick around for a long time to come. I always appreciated your posts in the past. Looking forward to more.

Actually, no his website link promoting his sponsors and agenda is not allowed either. That has been removed.

Americancaban

Great post before all the BS

I'm pretty new here so I don't know how things are run here but this all seems a little excessive. There has to be another way to approach a member that broke a rule. If that's how things are run here I'll have to find other forums to contribute to.

I'm also planning on doing TAT this fall and was eager hearing how it went.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm pretty new here so I don't know how things are run here but this all seems a little excessive. There has to be another way to approach a member that broke a rule. If that's how things are run here I'll have to find other forums to contribute to.

First post, awesome. Life must be tough for you. Good luck with the other forums. :standing wave:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Thanks for shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Here's a recap of how the OPs TAT trip went:

Fuck you.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Here's a recap of how the OPs TAT trip went:

Fuck you.

17im1y.jpg

longarmwj

Oh and also, if you do decide to run the TAT, be sure to pack yourself a couple of bowls of donkey dicks. I've heard they make great pacifiers for when your childish bullshit gets to you :yup:

Top Bottom