Mystery Nut - where to look?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I alway find extra nut left over after working on my jeep. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

Do you know for a fact it is off your jeep? Did you install all of the stuff yourself or did a shop do it?

I'm not 100% sure. But, the nut looks fairly new with no corrosion. The threads look fresh and shiny, like they just came off of a bolt.

Shop did the install, and I'm still within the 90 day warranty of the installation. I may just bring it to them to find.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm not 100% sure. But, the nut looks fairly new with no corrosion. The threads look fresh and shiny, like they just came off of a bolt.

Shop did the install, and I'm still within the 90 day warranty of the installation. I may just bring it to them to find.

Just trying to see if it could be an extra that rolled off a workbench or something. And to be clear the bolt fits an 18mm wrench right? I'll go look around the jeep when I get a minute...give me an excuse to get out of the house.

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Thats what I would just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skid_Kid

Just trying to see if it could be an extra that rolled off a workbench or something. And to be clear the bolt fits an 18mm wrench right? I'll go look around the jeep when I get a minute...give me an excuse to get out of the house.

You need an excuse?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Man, I think this thread has hit most of them with Dave's SS addition. Just did a quick look and didn't see anything else glaring. However, there was snow on the ground so I didn't crawl underneath. :grayno:

Tackerdown

Banned
The guys that did the install dropped it and couldn't find it so they got a new one. Then it fell out in your drive.

C.O.D.

MTG

Caught the Bug
The guys that did the install dropped it and couldn't find it so they got a new one. Then it fell out in your drive.

C.O.D.

That's what I was thinking too.

This is kind of like that photo game they had on JKF a while ago. :cheesy:

jkjurny

C.O.D.

Same thought here. The nut fits an 18mm perfectly. I'm gonna take one more look at all the steering components and track bar. I checked the rear sway at last night at 2am because this was bugging me LOL.

Tackerdown

Banned
Same thought here. The nut fits an 18mm perfectly. I'm gonna take one more look at all the steering components and track bar. I checked the rear sway at last night at 2am because this was bugging me LOL.

It's like having a itch you gotta scratch it LOL

C.O.D.

jkjurny

Did another check. Nothing. I do remember though that I dropped my box of stock parts that I brought home around the area that I found the nut. I'm hoping that maybe this nut fell out of the box. I plan on opening up the box to see if there are similar nuts and bolts in there. My stock control arms are in that box, so maybe this came from there!

Top Bottom