Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

I've been slacking on my photography here lately. So here's a parking lot shot at the FD for this last 48 hours of work.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459791500.880534.jpg

Should have my two new mods by Wednesday :)!

Are your new mods a surprise!?

Somewhat ;) I like to keep a certain level of suspense, LoL. Some of them are obvious though since I don't have a top at the moment.

I keep forgetting to ask, what the heck do you use to take such good photos?

Thanks Kyle. I bounce back and forth between my Canon cameras and using my iPhone depending on where I'm at/what I'm doing. Sometimes I will use different types of photo processing software as well.

Somewhat ;) I like to keep a certain level of suspense, LoL. Some of them are obvious though since I don't have a top at the moment.

Thanks Kyle. I bounce back and forth between my Canon cameras and using my iPhone depending on where I'm at/what I'm doing. Sometimes I will use different types of photo processing software as well.

Good deal, I thought my new Galaxy had a pretty good camera on it but I never put any of my photos through any filters or anything, unless maybe a few that end up on Instagram lol.

I think at this rate you'll have modded your jeep enough to go with us on the exodus next year. [emoji12] FYI, there's a used set of 35" trail graps that still have plenty of tread left on them sitting in my shop that'll be going on Craigslist soon...

What happen to your top?

my goodness, what could weigh 57 lbs?

And you shoulda had UPS reroute it to the firehouse!

Lots and lots of Wayalife decals. And even if I could, the lovely citizens of the city wouldn't let me install it.

Bestop is my guess

Hmmm.. You're getting warm :)
I think at this rate you'll have modded your jeep enough to go with us on the exodus next year. [emoji12] FYI, there's a used set of 35" trail graps that still have plenty of tread left on them sitting in my shop that'll be going on Craigslist soon...

Man, that trip has my salivating!! I want to go so bad, just not sure if I can make it happen. The plan is no wheels and tires for a while... :(

What happen to your top?

I sold it to a fellow Jeeper out of Dallas. I've never been a hard top guy, they are just too cantankerous for me. I don't wanna have to worry about something getting scratched and damaged and I want to be able to pull of my top at a moments notice.

I see. It's definitely a lot easier with a soft top. I guess I'm getting old cause I love my hard top.

It's not that you are getting old, it's apples to oranges really. It's 2drs vs. 4drs. You have to do what works best for you! I stay topless 40% of the year so it's nice to be able to have some of the added benefits of the soft top. It's more or an opinion and a personal choice.

I see. It's definitely a lot easier with a soft top. I guess I'm getting old cause I love my hard top.

It's not that you are getting old, it's apples to oranges really. It's 2drs vs. 4drs. You have to do what works best for you! I stay topless 40% of the year so it's nice to be able to have some of the added benefits of the soft top. It's more or an opinion and a personal choice.

I spent the entire first two years with my factory soft top wishing I had a hard top, after switching over to this Trektop I don't think I'll ever need (or get) a hard top. Especially here in Houston, just like most of Texas, it could be freezing cold one morning then sunny and 75 that afternoon and you wanna go topless the rest of the day.

Hard top would be nice for the security sake but I'm not one to leave anything in my vehicles to begin with, just take that the extra mile with the Jeep.

I spent the entire first two years with my factory soft top wishing I had a hard top, after switching over to this Trektop I don't think I'll ever need (or get) a hard top. Especially here in Houston, just like most of Texas, it could be freezing cold one morning then sunny and 75 that afternoon and you wanna go topless the rest of the day.

Hard top would be nice for the security sake but I'm not one to leave anything in my vehicles to begin with, just take that the extra mile with the Jeep.

I'm feeling the same way, I have a soft top and I really want a hard top but I know it's less practical down here in the keys, I just need someone to really talk me out of it lol

I can understand with you guys in H-town, but living in a small town, knock on wood, I've never really had any issues with theft. But all the Trektops I've had have been excellent quality and I usually found myself not missing my hard top at all!

Since I can go out and lift and get tires and junk for Steel, I want to be able to utilize the Jeep for what it is stock. And that means topless :)

The trek tops do look sweet. I went from soft top to hard top in my last jeep. This time I just got one with a hard top. But in KY (Ohio Valley) the weather can change fairly quickly. Your latitude and longitude persuades your preference I'm sure.

Napalm, did you get a trek top?

The trek tops do look sweet. I went from soft top to hard top in my last jeep. This time I just got one with a hard top. But in KY (Ohio Valley) the weather can change fairly quickly. Your latitude and longitude persuades your preference I'm sure.

Maybe

;) we will see tomorrow!

Last edited:
I'm feeling the same way, I have a soft top and I really want a hard top but I know it's less practical down here in the keys, I just need someone to really talk me out of it lol

Seeing the price tag on Craigslist is what helps talk me out of it :crazyeyes:

When I picked it up, I was still sure I would be getting a hard top at some point. After running it for a while, hard top moved way down my list. Even my wife, who loves her super cushy, super quiet Caddy (and was not a fan of road noise in the JK with the factory top) is now willing to take the Jeep on road trips.

But that's what makes Jeeps so awesome, everybody's needs/wants are different and we can piece it all together to fit our style!

I can understand with you guys in H-town, but living in a small town, knock on wood, I've never really had any issues with theft. But all the Trektops I've had have been excellent quality and I usually found myself not missing my hard top at all!

Since I can go out and lift and get tires and junk for Steel, I want to be able to utilize the Jeep for what it is stock. And that means topless :)

Was that a Freudian slip? :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom