Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

I agree with what Dwiggles said run both of em in the rear and they will wear even [emoji106] congrats on the new tires I'm not a fan of the stock sport tires haha bad experience with those in Death Valley [emoji23]

I remember that ;) and that's a good plan. Run em for 3-5k miles and then see how they are wearing. Hopefully the noise won't be too bad since there are only two of them.

I plan to install the rims with their current tires on tomorrow and run them for a little bit. They are worn, but I think they still have a little life left in them.

Score! Great deal, especially the rubi wheels. Post some pics after the swap.
Sell your Sport wheels/tires and put that cash towards your future BFG fund.
Great catching up today!

Score! Great deal, especially the rubi wheels. Post some pics after the swap.
Sell your Sport wheels/tires and put that cash towards your future BFG fund.
Great catching up today!

It was a great time! I wish we could have stayed longer! And that's the plan. Mount the old BFGs, sell the sport tires, and then decide what to do with the newer BFGs. :)

Great find! They'll look great on Steel! [emoji106]

Thanks man! Your rig is looking great as well!

Nice find! I have been looking to do the same. Now I'm a little jelly!

I wasn't planning on getting some until closer to the end of the year, but when I saw 5 with tires and TPMS for $200, I couldn't resist. Even with the irregular tire wear, I still think I did okay for $550 total.

I'll take your new spare.[emoji3]

No way! It's my best tire out of the 9 I brought home ;) haha

Spent time as accident investigator......the two best of your nine should be out back and even tread wear ones up front ....if you have to take evasive action while driving the rear tires with good tread keep you from fishtailing out of control....this is regardless of which tires provide drive (front drive, rear drive, all wheel or 4 wheel) the results are the same for the physics involved in collision avoidance ....$.02
Edit: all that said I would still keep that new one to go with 4 to make less expensive full set when the time comes.

After everything that you guys have said and me just not wanting to deal with unevenly worn tires, I ended up selling the set of 4 BFGs for what I paid for them.

The plan is to sell my stock sport tires and wheels, and combine that with the money from the BFGs for a set of 4 brand new BFG KMs.

After everything that you guys have said and me just not wanting to deal with unevenly worn tires, I ended up selling the set of 4 BFGs for what I paid for them.

The plan is to sell my stock sport tires and wheels, and combine that with the money from the BFGs for a set of 4 brand new BFG KMs.

Yep, I agree this is probably the best course of action for tires. No better feeling than owning tires that you know no one has touched before you.

Yep, I agree this is probably the best course of action for tires. No better feeling than owning tires that you know no one has touched before you.

Word. I had a very bad feeling running those unevenly worn tires when I could spend a little more money and have a brand new set.

Rubicon wheels are installed!
One last picture of these lovely SRAs.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471196529.814826.jpg
Now with the new Rubicon wheels! SO glad I went with the gunmetal grey this time!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471196575.521625.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471196593.762951.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471196613.470888.jpg

Yes, I know I need new tires ;) they even came with rock rash so it looks like I wheel! Yay! Took them for a test drive around the block and at 32 PSI they ride great. They will be perfect for now. I love the roar of a mud terrain.

Your rig is looking great as well!

Thanks! Your description and review of the EVO leveling kit with Onyx pointed me in the right direction. I've learned more on WAL than I could've imagined from so many people.

Why do people not rotate all 5 tires? Makes no damn sense when it's a full size matching rim and tire.

Right!?!? Preach on...

View attachment 217434
Now with the new Rubicon wheels! SO glad I went with the gunmetal grey this time!
View attachment 217435
View attachment 217436
View attachment 217437

Yes, I know I need new tires ;) they even came with rock rash so it looks like I wheel! Yay! Took them for a test drive around the block and at 32 PSI they ride great. They will be perfect for now. I love the roar of a mud terrain.

Looks great on Steel! [emoji106]

I hate those wheels, but I will admit they look good on the billet steel color. [emoji106]

I hate the all black Willys wheels also which is weird cause I can usually like a black wheel. But I love the Hard Rock wheels.

Nice, are you gonna stick with stock kms or jumping to 35 km2s?

Probably stick with stock size for now. Reason being is because I don't have the means to do gears, gussets, and everything else you want to have when you run 35s. Those will come in a couple years :)

I hate those wheels, but I will admit they look good on the billet steel color. [emoji106]

I hate the all black Willys wheels also which is weird cause I can usually like a black wheel. But I love the Hard Rock wheels.

I've always been a fan of the newer Rubicon wheels, I just think they are a little different look. I had the HR wheels on Onyx and they looked awesome on her, but I think the gray goes better with the Silver. I wish I would have kept the HR wheels to run 35s on with Onyx.

View attachment 217434
View attachment 217435
View attachment 217436
View attachment 217437

What a difference! Those look awesome! They compliment the billet color perfectly! Steel is coming along great!

Top Bottom