NAU 4x4 - Back road to Crown King Nov 24

NAUJK

Here is a video we have of our first Official run as a Northern Arizona University recognized club. I HATE Mud and it was miserable getting that crap off all our rigs, I am sure the gas station in Mayer was pleased when all of us pulled in and used the squeegees to clean off our windows. After this run I had to leave my rig in Prescott Valley due to some severe death wobble issues, couldnt go faster than 30 mph.

It started to get late in the day so we don't really have much video footage after that last hill cus we just started moving on to get off the trail before dark.

Enjoy :beer:

Video credit to Adam in the white Tacoma.

Nice video! :thumb: Looks like a mud-fest, which made for slow going... but any Jeep trip out is better than a day at home or studying for school!!!! Is that the club name, NAU 4x4 ? Good area to get some good wheeling in, I know, as I did a many a runs around Flag when I was a student there and ran my 75 CJ-5 out every weekend I could to 'get away' from the books. :rock:

NAUJK

Nice video! :thumb: Looks like a mud-fest, which made for slow going... but any Jeep trip out is better than a day at home or studying for school!!!! Is that the club name, NAU 4x4 ? Good area to get some good wheeling in, I know, as I did a many a runs around Flag when I was a student there and ran my 75 CJ-5 out every weekend I could to 'get away' from the books. :rock:

It was a major mud-fest, and yes very very slow going. The last bit of the video where you see us winching people up too forever because the ATVs took forever and just wouldn't get outa the way. Yup NAU 4x4 officially recognized so we can get trip funding from the school :rock: . Yeah we try to get out as much as we can, its just good to have a group to go out with.

NAUJK

This is what my Rig looked like the day after. Most of it slid off and into the driveway... :doh: It is still not even close to being clean, that is a project to get done sometime this week.

2013112595122519.jpg

BadApple

Wish i would known about this i would have came and ran it with ya! It's right around the corner from me.

NAUJK

Wish i would known about this i would have came and ran it with ya! It's right around the corner from me.

Next time we do something major like crown king or similar ill let ya know!

Figure out your death wobble issue?

Yes I spent this last weekend underneath my rig diagnosing the problem. Which was very loose bolts on my track bar bracket and I installed front LCAs to complete my evo 3" lift. She drives a lot better now.

BadApple

Next time we do something major like crown king or similar ill let ya know!

Yes I spent this last weekend underneath my rig diagnosing the problem. Which was very loose bolts on my track bar bracket and I installed front LCAs to complete my evo 3" lift. She drives a lot better now.

Im only home till the 2nd of Jan. We are coming to Flag this weekend maybe we can meet up.

bmwegr

Thanks for the video.

I'm glad to see that NAU has recognized you guys as a sanctioned group. Perhaps as an NAU Alumni I can act as the group adviser... :D

I'd be interested in a run sometime in January, my Jeep should be back together by then.

NAUJK

Im only home till the 2nd of Jan. We are coming to Flag this weekend maybe we can meet up.

Sorry, I was in Prescott the last few weekends helping my family with my Grandfather.

I'm glad to see that NAU has recognized you guys as a sanctioned group. Perhaps as an NAU Alumni I can act as the group adviser... :D

I'd be interested in a run sometime in January, my Jeep should be back together by then.

Its nice cus now we can petition for money for trips to places like Moab or Rubicon and such, help pay for gas! If we have one of our meetings this week should stop by we usually talk Jeeps (since most the group is jeeps the Toyota guys get jealous) and other things.

After the break I want to run Moss Wash near the end of January and beginning of February, I have run it once before and its a great place, and I can nerd out with all the sweet Geology from the mines that are out there :crazyeyes:

bmwegr

Sorry, I was in Prescott the last few weekends helping my family with my Grandfather.

Its nice cus now we can petition for money for trips to places like Moab or Rubicon and such, help pay for gas! If we have one of our meetings this week should stop by we usually talk Jeeps (since most the group is jeeps the Toyota guys get jealous) and other things.

After the break I want to run Moss Wash near the end of January and beginning of February, I have run it once before and its a great place, and I can nerd out with all the sweet Geology from the mines that are out there :crazyeyes:

Moss Wash would be a good 2014 Kick off run. From the last time I ran it in my old XJ there looked to be a lot of ways to add to the adventure then only running the wash.

Top Bottom