Navigation

I have a 2014 JK Rubicon with Navi, and it's not all that great. You'd think for Jeep would invest in installing a killer navi systems for their Jeeps. The navi only stores up to 10 bread-crum trails. Plus the have is analog based and is a bit cumbersome with trying to zoom in and out.

I'm waiting to see if Jeep comes up with a new updated version, then I'll swap my unit out.

I did not know that. Question, how can I get over head data on my stock navi with Jeep or will it even support it?

I have a 2014 JK Rubicon with Navi, and it's not all that great. You'd think for Jeep would invest in installing a killer navi systems for their Jeeps. The navi only stores up to 10 bread-crum trails. Plus the have is analog based and is a bit cumbersome with trying to zoom in and out.

I'm waiting to see if Jeep comes up with a new updated version, then I'll swap my unit out.

I currently pay for live traffic on my navi. Do you know how I can get google maps on my stock navi or does it even exit. The problem with the cell phones, the screens are way to small. If I'm out on the trail, I want a navi I can actually see and not need a magnafine glass too see.

The problem with the Garmin's, they made the screens too small.

Ddays

Hooked
You are not paying jeep for the updates, you're paying navteq. You are overvaluing the need to update. The truth is, you won't see anything new unless your area just got a major artery opened that really makes a difference (like a new bridge.) Besides, who cares these days, the best navis are cell phone google maps.

That's exactly the reason I want to update. A major highway that I travel daily to work is not on my maps.

I don't have a Nav in my Jeep but do have one in my 2012 Dakota. I paid for the update and it didn't update a road name change (from State Route to Interstate status) that I travel every day. Possibly my biggest waste of $100 ever :icon_crazy:

I currently pay for live traffic on my navi. Do you know how I can get google maps on my stock navi or does it even exit. The problem with the cell phones, the screens are way to small. If I'm out on the trail, I want a navi I can actually see and not need a magnafine glass too see.

The problem with the Garmin's, they made the screens too small.

If you have an IPAD or Surface you can always use your phone as a hotspot & access Google Maps that way. There are a couple really nice mounts for them out on the market.
Grubbicon has a really cool one that's in his build thread.

Top Bottom