Need 60/60?

rockwell

I just made the jump to 60's and I'm stoked so far. I just couldn't justify dumping a bunch of money into axles and still being on Rubi 44's
The one thing nobody talks about is the weight. I gained over 600 lbs and definitely notice the increase. Also my jeep definitely gets noticed a bunch more. Sticks out like a sore thumb. This can be calmed down by choosing wheels with more backspacing. Something to consider when it comes to the local law. Money seems to not be a problem for you, but remember it cost a lot more than the advertised 12,500 to get into pr60's. shit adds up real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Notice the weight in what way?

The Cock Father

As in just heavier [emoji848] It's unsprung weight so it's doesn't really affect your ride. Felt like I was towing my m416 trailer at first. The jeep has adjusted and I've adjusted to it so I don't notice it as much now.

I too went with 60s recently. We drove it 4200 miles round trip to Moab recently. I have no complaints. Even with 5.38s! Like anyone else, I didn't "need" them. But I did feel safer driving that far for a wheeling trip on 60s. And, yeah, the total cost is a bit more that the price of 60s.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Money seems to not be a problem for you, but remember it cost a lot more than the advertised 12,500 to get into pr60's. shit adds up real quick.

No Shit, I started with an Idea of spending $6K on my PR 44 and ended up almost hitting $9K after having to get Control Arms and some other stuff...

The BAD Influence

It's only money, right? :crazyeyes:

Honestly, if you're set on getting an LS, I personally wouldn't waste your money on a 5.3L as the gains over a 3.6L Pentastar won't be very much especially for the cost of the swap. If you go 6.0L or 6.2L, I personally would recommend no less than 60/60 and if you really plan to run 40's and play more aggressively, a 60/80 is what I would recommend. It's what I'm running now with my 6.2L.

That being said, if you're really just going to run 37's and if money is a concern, I might stick with the 44/60 and just regear to 5.13. If you really need the extra power and don't mind running on the high side of your RPM's, run 5.38's.
Eddie, thank you for all the vast knowledge and experience you freely share with us. I've watched so many Motech videos I can't find the one in which they talk about gear ratio. It seems like they recommend higher gear ratios than one would normally run. So if I ran 37s with the V6 I'd use 5.13s, but if I swap in an LS I should run 4.88s.
But, unless I am misunderstanding your response, I should run 5.13s or 5.38s in case I decide to jump to 40s, regardless of staying with the V6 or swapping in an LS?

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
If you have the money I'd say go for it. You could do the trail leader package for now and learn with 37s wouldn't hurt. Or buy the 60s and buy once cry once. I know where you're coming from on deciding on axles. I spent 2k regearing, then 4k building a front rubi 44 and considered a pro rock60 for the rear. I wouldn't be too far off from buying pro rock 60/60s if I saved and had my mind made up.

fiend

Caught the Bug
The LS swap and 60/60 or 60/80 set up the OP is contemplating will be at least $40k just for the engine, transmission, axles, extras and labor. Of course, he needs a JK to put that stuff into, which won't be free. Big commitment, but nice result once done.

Journeyman

The LS swap and 60/60 or 60/80 set up the OP is contemplating will be at least $40k just for the engine, transmission, axles, extras and labor. Of course, he needs a JK to put that stuff into, which won't be free. Big commitment, but nice result once done.

Not sure what the v8 swap is running. But doing my 60/60 swap the way I wanted to puts me half way to that [emoji15]

WJCO

Meme King
Well if I use the same logic on the axles as I am with the LS I've already answered my own question...why get the 5.3 when the 6.0 or 6.2 is just a little bit more.

I'm completely ignorant to a Jeep on 40s, however as Eddie stated, I will tell you from experience, skip the 5.3 engine. My business has become very successful on the failure rate of those motors. They have many issues with the lifters, cam bearings, and piston rings.

Also as far as the core 4x4 arms, I have 4 of them and love them so far. Good product and good customer service.

The BAD Influence

I'm completely ignorant to a Jeep on 40s, however as Eddie stated, I will tell you from experience, skip the 5.3 engine. My business has become very successful on the failure rate of those motors. They have many issues with the lifters, cam bearings, and piston rings.

Also as far as the core 4x4 arms, I have 4 of them and love them so far. Good product and good customer service.
I remember you purchased their tier lll control arms. They still don't list their tier lVs on their site, they are massive. In your opinion, would I be okay with the tier lll s with 60s and an LS?

WJCO

Meme King
I remember you purchased their tier lll control arms. They still don't list their tier lVs on their site, they are massive. In your opinion, would I be okay with the tier lll s with 60s and an LS?

No matter what, the arms are massive, even the 3s. I didn't even know about the tier4 until someone posted about them here. If you go to core4x4s Facebook page, it alludes to being able to contact them about the tier4 even though they haven't released them yet. You'll be fine with the 3s, however if you can get the 4s by contacting them, I would do that. The Johnny Joints are awesome, they move very freely. If the 4s had been available, I would have purchased them.

Exodus 4x4

No matter what, the arms are massive, even the 3s. I didn't even know about the tier4 until someone posted about them here. If you go to core4x4s Facebook page, it alludes to being able to contact them about the tier4 even though they haven't released them yet. You'll be fine with the 3s, however if you can get the 4s by contacting them, I would do that. The Johnny Joints are awesome, they move very freely. If the 4s had been available, I would have purchased them.

I tried calling them several times and couldn't get anyone to answer. Even tried emailing them and never had a reply. I really wanted their track bar but couldn't get it from them in time.

WJCO

Meme King
I tried calling them several times and couldn't get anyone to answer. Even tried emailing them and never had a reply. I really wanted their track bar but couldn't get it from them in time.

Wow. I've always gotten an email response from them same day. On one set of arms they shipped me, they shipped it like 4-5 days after I ordered it and apologized before I had even contacted them. I wasn't really in a hurry on that order, so I wasn't even paying attention to when they shipped/didn't ship it. Sorry things didn't work out better for you.

Exodus 4x4

Wow. I've always gotten an email response from them same day. On one set of arms they shipped me, they shipped it like 4-5 days after I ordered it and apologized before I had even contacted them. I wasn't really in a hurry on that order, so I wasn't even paying attention to when they shipped/didn't ship it. Sorry things didn't work out better for you.

Well next week I'm starting the process of building 60's with 40" Nittos and the LS swap, so I'll need at minimum the control arms. Hopefully I can get them on the phone this time.

tgoss

Add at least another $20k if you want a suspension set up worthy of handling all this shit, long arms, wheels, driveshafts... this level is rare air. Ups to all those playing in the big leagues.

Top Bottom