Need a new head

rtguy1

There is a way to tell if you have an AC head or not. There's a Julian number on the head. I need to look again for the info.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
There is a way to tell if you have an AC head or not. There's a Julian number on the head. I need to look again for the info.

Here's how to figure the Julian date. Think I'll wait 'til it throws the code.:thinking:
Instructions
Select a date and express it in terms of Y (year) M (month) D (day). Each term is assigned an integer in the Julian calendar, with days receiving integer values in the range 1 to 31 and months in the range 1 to 12, while years are assigned positive or negative integers.

Examine the date. If the month is January or February, you will then subtract 1 from the year to get a new Y. Furthermore, you will get a new M by adding 12 to the month. Essentially, January and February become the 13th and 14th months of the previous year.

Divide Y by 100, and divide this number by 4. You will use only integers in your calculations, dropping any fractions. Next, subtract your first equation (A=Y/100) from 2 and add (B=A/4). Add Y and 4716, and multiply the total by 365.25. Next, add 1 to M and multiply the sum by 30.6001. Finally, add the third (C=2-A+B), D, fourth (E=365.25x(Y+4716)) and fifth equations (F = 30.6001x(M+1)), and subtract 1524.5 from the sum total. The final equation is: A = Y/100; B = A/4; C = 2-A+B; E = 365.25x(Y+4716); F = 30.6001x(M+1); JD= C+D+E+F-1524.5.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_6924806_calculate-julian-day-number.html#ixzz2fvagjVJN

rtguy1

:cheesy:
You don't need to figure it out. It's already stamped on the head. But, in order to determine which head you have you need to know the number that coincides with the redesign. It's on another forum. Basically if the number on your head is lower than you have either an AA or AB head. If its the same or higher you have an AC head.

rtguy1

Ok. If the head is stamped 2062 or higher (206th day of 2012, or July 25th) you have an AC head. Good luck! :thumb:

markatfox

Left side head

Ok. If the head is stamped 2062 or higher (206th day of 2012, or July 25th) you have an AC head. Good luck! :thumb:

I guess mine with the number 1312 is in the window then... Well I have 24k on mine, so I'll just wait and keep the positive attitude when it happens.

rtguy1

got my rig back yesterday. dropped if off wed and it was done late thursday. couldn't get down to grab it so went after work on friday. AC head installed. had a cel P0118 for coolant temp sensor that was loose. they fixed it in 5 minutes while i waited. no other issues at all. runs great. smooth. no more misfire. quiet and powerful. work order showed 60% leakage on cyl #2. chrysler provided a rental. don't let this worry you. it really is painless. :beer:

Top Bottom