Need advice....D30 vs 44

Exodus 4x4

Sleeves are ment to keep the housing from bending. This happens when you are driving fast through the desert. And more times than not, they don't work and the housing bends anyways. Gussets do work and keep your Cs from bending.

Ask Jnabird what he thinks of RCVs.

I personally won't run them because they are so strong that they make the Ring and pinion the weak point. Is rather have an axle shaft break than a pumpkin explode.

I think that Gussets and maybe a set of chormoly shafts (or a set of trail spares) is good enough for 37s as long as you're not a "hold my beer and watch this" wheeler.

Yeah I don't see myself running across the desert at high speeds. When I upgraded my front and rear driveshafts I went 1310 because I'd rather they go first then anything internally, that's the only reason I would have considered the rcv's. I'll stick with just gussets.

Yeah I don't see myself running across the desert at high speeds. When I upgraded my front and rear driveshafts I went 1310 because I'd rather they go first then anything internally, that's the only reason I would have considered the rcv's. I'll stick with just gussets.

LOL! Broke three ring teeth, one pinion tooth, twisted both RCV inner shafts so bad they were not reusable, flat spotted the balls in the CVs and bent the sleeved housing. Again, all while slowly crawling with 35" all terrains.

....and about those 1310 "fuses", well... all of the above happened and the cheap Chinese greasable 1310 u-joints were happy as a clam and are still on the Jeep.

BTW, the RCV damage was NOT covered under warranty. RCVs warranty is for failure only (failure meaning break). and the CVs are considered wear items even though they only had 5k miles on them.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
LOL! Broke three ring teeth, one pinion tooth, twisted both RCV inner shafts so bad they were not reusable, flat spotted the balls in the CVs and bent the sleeved housing. Again, all while slowly crawling with 35" all terrains.

....and about those 1310 "fuses", well... all of the above happened and the cheap Chinese greasable 1310 u-joints were happy as a clam and are still on the Jeep.

BTW, the RCV damage was NOT covered under warranty. RCVs warranty is for failure only (failure meaning break). and the CVs are considered wear items even though they only had 5k miles on them.

So you're saying fuck it go with 37's on a D30? :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom