Need advice for lift on 2 door jk

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
That sounds even better! I really want the 3.5, but if I can get that height by just going with the 2.5 like yourself then I’m cool with that. I’m looking right now at the teraflex 2.5 ST 2 with falcon shocks. It only comes with front lowers, they don’t offer rear arms until the 3” kit. And that comes with front lower, and rear upper and lowers. Not a bad price for everything they’re offering, just wish it was a more simple process.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

For half the price you can piece together your own lift kit, which will include front and rear control arms, instead of that overpriced teraflex kit. Everything you need for a lift kit can be bought separately. You’ll find in the long run that it’s cheaper and done to your satisfaction and or budget.

GTJeeper

For half the price you can piece together your own lift kit, which will include front and rear control arms, instead of that overpriced teraflex kit. Everything you need for a lift kit can be bought separately. You’ll find in the long run that it’s cheaper and done to your satisfaction and or budget.

I put together my own kit for the same reason, to save some money. I started with shocks, springs, brake lines, then A month or two later did sway bar links, track bars, and lower control arms so I was able to do it in phases. It was a 2.5 lift but did end up being closer to 3.5 I’d say. I hadn’t planned on doing driveshafts as I wasn’t wheezing too hard back then, but on my first outing on a pretty mild trail (maybe a 2 or 3/10 difficulty) there was a bunch of thumping underneath out of nowhere. Climbed under to take a look and found out I’d ripped the rubber boot on the front shaft and grease went everywhere. So I stayed on roads for a bit and then swapped out to some Adams driveshafts. I’ve had no issues since and they took out the slight front vibration I was getting at speeds which was nice.

kellyk

After hours of researching I think I’m going to go with a rubicon express 3.5 that comes with basically everything except tires. The pricing for their entire kit is much less than everything else I’ve looked at and they offer a lifetime warranty on all their parts. Thanks to everyone for your input and advice. Lots of knowledge out there and you guys are awesome for sharing! Can’t wait to get it going! Will post before and after pics.

MDK210

After hours of researching I think I’m going to go with a rubicon express 3.5 that comes with basically everything except tires. The pricing for their entire kit is much less than everything else I’ve looked at and they offer a lifetime warranty on all their parts. Thanks to everyone for your input and advice. Lots of knowledge out there and you guys are awesome for sharing! Can’t wait to get it going! Will post before and after pics.

Pretty much the same lift I have, your’re gonna want new front/rear driveshafts relatively quick if you do a lot of highway driving or moderate off-roading.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That sounds even better! I really want the 3.5, but if I can get that height by just going with the 2.5 like yourself then I’m cool with that. I’m looking right now at the teraflex 2.5 ST 2 with falcon shocks. It only comes with front lowers, they don’t offer rear arms until the 3” kit. And that comes with front lower, and rear upper and lowers. Not a bad price for everything they’re offering, just wish it was a more simple process.

Stay away from the teraflex kit. It rides like ass it’s so stiff. Same with rubicon express. I would suggest looking at the rancho 2” sport kit. I installed one on a friends jeep and it rides super nice
IMG_8721.JPG
IMG_8722.jpg
My 3.5” coilovers lift and 37’s next to the stock 32’s and the 2” rancho lift
IMG_8725.JPG

MDK210

Stay away from the teraflex kit. It rides like ass it’s so stiff. Same with rubicon express. I would suggest looking at the rancho 2” sport kit. I installed one on a friends jeep and it rides super nice
Maybe it just depends. I don’t mind my RE kit with monotubes, they are rebranded Bilstein 5100’s which seem to get a lot of positive reviews. Either way I suggest you get a name brand kit/what you can afford and go from there.

kellyk

Maybe it just depends. I don’t mind my RE kit with monotubes, they are rebranded Bilstein 5100’s which seem to get a lot of positive reviews. Either way I suggest you get a name brand kit/what you can afford and go from there.

The RE kit is definitely the more affordable way to go. I’ve heard really good things about them as well. Was leaning towards the Tera flex but they seems to be really proud of their stuff. And I grew up in a 79 CJ7, so I understand that a Jeep is no Cadillac when it comes to a smooth ride

Top Bottom