Need help about regearing

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I have 37s, 3.6, and auto and I feel like my 4.88s are kinda on the high side. If I didn’t row a camper throughout the summer I feel like I’d rather have 4.56s imo. I’m sitting at 3k at like 65mph on the highway and it kills my highway mpg[/QUOTE

Maybe dumb question but have to ask, Is your OD on?

jdofmemi

Wow, I do t know what to think reading all this.
I have a '15, 3.6, auto with 5.13 gears and 37" MTR tires.
I can cruise at 80 and still get over 15 mpg, and at 70 get about 16.5 on highway miles. Short trips drop it to 14.

I would not want any less than 4.88 to run 37's, and am completely happy having my 5.13s

Osalamah

I can cruise at 80 and still get over 15 mpg, and at 70 get about 16.5 on highway miles. Short trips drop it to 14.

I would not want any less than 4.88 to run 37's, and am completely happy having my 5.13s

Did you get 5.13 because you go off road or just because it's actually better for daily drive on street roads?

Braxtonsag

jesus man, idk if my jeeps ever even seen 80. or 15 mpg for that matter. there has to be something underlying to my issue.

Ozzy

So I have a question I have a 2014 JKU sport Oscar mike edition in which I have the 3.73 gears in there now. Can my carrier hold a 5.13. I was told that if it had 3.21 like most stock keeps that I wouldn’t be able to fit 5.13 but since I have 3.73 my carrier will be good. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Did you get 5.13 because you go off road or just because it's actually better for daily drive on street roads?

Both

It crawls off road, and is great daily. Good power off the line and on hills. Holds overdrive well, and on hills drops to 4th and just keeps going.

norcal-s

So I have a question I have a 2014 JKU sport Oscar mike edition in which I have the 3.73 gears in there now. Can my carrier hold a 5.13. I was told that if it had 3.21 like most stock keeps that I wouldn’t be able to fit 5.13 but since I have 3.73 my carrier will be good. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you are off roading pretty hard, you might stick with 4.88. The 5.13 pinion in a D30 gets really small. Unless you're planning to upgrade the front axle sometime.

Top Bottom