Need help please!

Brankz

I just noticed a noise like a bad belt,
When I checked was new but I noticed that the tensioner is loos is that normal or do I have to buy a new one, and if so some one know a good place to do this?
I can't find this anywhere only.

Send from my Jk

kaptkrappy

The belt tensioner is spring loaded which you probably know.

1. Did the spring break?

2. Did the tensioner bolts come loose and let it lose tension?

3. Did the pulley that is part of the tensioner that the belt rides on wear out (this is what happens most of the time)

If it's 1 or 2, a new tensioner is needed.

If it's 3, you can get just the pulley or the tensioner assembly at just about any auto parts store.

Brankz

I think is 2, because the belt is not loose but I can move the tensioner with my hand. Thanks bro

Send from my Jk

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I told you that condensation probably corroded your blinker fluid reservoir and your muffler bearings. You should check those too!

SDG

Caught the Bug
If I remember correctly you have a 13? They are known to have the bearing on the water pump go out. It can sound sort of like a slipping belt.

If that's not it, you may have a bent johnson rod.

Brankz

I have this problem weeks ago but now, I can feel differences when I drive and at low speed 2.5 rpm I can hear a belt noise. U know like a bad ac belt, but is not that noise is just a lil.

And frank I still don't get why I have to check the muffler? I was with topless and all night and morning was doggy that's y I got the condensation.

Send from my Jk

Army_Vet

Banned
I have this problem weeks ago but now, I can feel differences when I drive and at low speed 2.5 rpm I can hear a belt noise. U know like a bad ac belt, but is not that noise is just a lil.

And frank I still don't get why I have to check the muffler? I was with topless and all night and morning was doggy that's y I got the condensation.

Send from my Jk

I will help you if you can get pics of what you see moving the way you think its not supposed to move....

Army_Vet

Banned
Ok, yes you can move that pulley by hand, but it should be a little hard to move; I would say, if its easy to move, its probably a bad tensioner

Start your engine with the A/C on; as the a/c compressor cycles on and off, watch for this to jump, a little jump is ok, a big jump with a constant flutter is bad.
If your squealing coincides with the a/c cycling, I would definitely say the tensioner is weak. (disclaimer) it can also be the ac comp. but with what you have said, I don't think so.

I would also take the belt off and spin the pulley with your finger, if it sounds like an old roller skate wheel; that is bad; should be smooth and relatively silent.

You can pick up a belt tensioner for relatively cheap. Not to hard to replace either

Shearlow

Take a look at your belt, is the flat side really shiny? Is it showing cracks on either side? When was the last time it was changed? You might want to start with that... or a little belt dressing may help quiet things down as well... just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom