Need help, what do I look for when purchasing used?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow.. That was an eye opener.. Just got back from the shadiest Toronto used car dealership. So did you know that test drives come after you buy the vehicle?

The human race never ceases to amaze me with how stupid it can become.

I hope you ran, not walked, away from that place.

cwmt3

I think I embarrassed them with the giant list of stuff that was missing from their Rubi. I feel bad for that jeep. I told my wife if we win some lottery I would go back and save her..

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I think I embarrassed them with the giant list of stuff that was missing from their Rubi. I feel bad for that jeep. I told my wife if we win some lottery I would go back and save her..

Was it another case of just slapping a Rubicon sticker on the hood of a Sport? Then charging and extra 5k?

cwmt3

Was it another case of just slapping a Rubicon sticker on the hood of a Sport? Then charging and extra 5k?

Naw, it was let's paint the entire bottom of the jeep and call it undercoating. Let's have all gaskets for the hardtop falling off, bezels for ac and heat punched in, even the 3.8 v6 sticker on the engine was missing. I could tell that it was a real Rubicon.. But barely. Oh and no torx bit end caps for the door hinges! Apparently that's normal! Ahhh so sorry for the next owner of that poor jeep..

TCMguy

Second hand Rubicons are few and far between at the dealership in Guelph, Ontario. I got my 2008 Wrangler X there and I am quite happy with it. I purchased my Wrangler second hand.

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Yes, I see. I'm a fan of the interior and the Rubicon specs, not a fan of the motor from what I read. I'm currently in a 13 jk, it's got the giddy up I like. They are asking $24k for the 11 Rubi. My mind is going on and on right now trying to weigh it out..

We bought a 08' JKUR with the 3.8. Would not do again. Go with the 3.6L in the 12' and up

cwmt3

We bought a 08' JKUR with the 3.8. Would not do again. Go with the 3.6L in the 12' and up

Yup, I can't see myself buying a vehicle at a used-only car dealership. Since they never let me test drive, I'm still ignorant to how the 3.8 feels. So, guys and girls.. It looks like I'm going to be a baby in a 2 door kinda guy for now.

Tanner505

Yup, I can't see myself buying a vehicle at a used-only car dealership. Since they never let me test drive, I'm still ignorant to how the 3.8 feels. So, guys and girls.. It looks like I'm going to be a baby in a 2 door kinda guy for now.

Imo better than having a baby in a gutless 3.8 4 door, keep looking you'll find the jeep you want

Tanner505

Well said, thanks. I'm going to leave it at that for now. Perhaps In 8 months I will be rehashing this thread.

No problem, I learned the hard way my 11 JKU was my first car I bought my self and I wish I would have waited for a 12 or newer but my main reason I just went for it was because my 2001 grand Cherokee was giving me a bunch of issues and was quickly becoming a money pit and I needed out, I ended up keeping that jeep for a year and bought my 13 jkur and I would never go back to that motor, believe me when I say it wait and get exactly what you want

Top Bottom