Need help with Winch selection.

RUBEERCON

I have a WARN VR10000S made in China or at least the parts? Anyway it's been good so far. Pulled a blazer out of a mud pit Saturday, he was so buried we had to use a snatch and 2 winches. Then I got buried and I had to winch out. The vr10000s was around 850.00. I wanted a 10k and I could not afford the other Warn 9500-10k options. I shopped witches for months because the Internet forums steered me all over the place.

Wish I could figure out how to post pics.

RUBEERCON

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458700894.124523.jpg
Blazer is half out of trouble here. Motor would not start so I was pulling dead weight, had to tie off my jeep to keep it from sliding.

RUBEERCON

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458701001.540596.jpg
Rolled in too slow. Had to winch off a tree in front of me. White jk is not running a winch yet.

Anyway the VR is working out for me.

Pyro1415

I went with a Engo 9k. Very happy with it so far. Was under $300 with some discount.

That's a damn good winch for the non warn/superwinch category. Guy in my group has had it for 3 years and it works great. He has synthetic line though.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I went with Superwinch because of price and it's made in the USA. It fits between a Smittybilt and a Warn in terms of price.

Top Bottom