Need honest help and direction with final decision on lift

Hot94Z28

When I was looking at a lift drop brackets seemed like going backwards to me I want ground clearance with a lift not more stuff getting in the way. This is for the price why I went with Rock Krawler only thing I wish I would of done different was the shocks.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If ride quality is your #1 priority it's easy.
AEV lift.
I've ran my DD rig 40,000 miles with one on 37s.
I've also ran the Rubicon and Pritchett canyon with the lift. ProRock 44 front and ProRock 60 rear with 4.88s.

I think the PR axles (at least the front housing) are necessary because driving stresses the axles and you want to be driving the rig and not have it in the shop all the time with repairs. You can spend time reinforcing the stock stuff, but in the end it won't be as good as going with the drive home option of the ProRocks. Plus the robust axles help the rig handle better on the road.
I know this because I ran the stock axles for a few weeks before swapping them for the ProRocks.

New driveshafts actually help on the road because they eliminate vibrations and you won't have to worry about the stock shaft boot breaking.

In the end you'll have a great DD that can do the toughest trails.

As an owner of the AEV 2.5" lift....I wanna say wut? The AEV kits handle very well, but that's thanks to the springs being fairly stiff. The AEV lift is predictable and has excellent road manners, but I wouldn't say it's comfortable.

thechrisjones

I'm so confused, this thread has turned more into a argument. So with the front and rear bumpers, winch, and full spare is this to much weight for evo plush coils? I don't want sagging.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I'm so confused, this thread has turned more into a argument. So with the front and rear bumpers, winch, and full spare is this to much weight for evo plush coils? I don't want sagging.

I don't think it has, just folks giving opinion. :)

I've got the AEV 3.5 and it rides good, but stiff as everyone has mentioned. My Jeep is pretty heavy with front and read aev bumpers, tire carrier, winch, etc. No sagging. I also load up the back end with quite a bit of camping gear (300-500lbs)with minimal sagging. But the minimal sagging when loaded up comes at a price of a stiffer ride when empty.

I can't speak to the EVO Plush rides, but I would expect a bit (not a lot) of sagging when loading up as compared to the AEV springs just because of the difference in coil design.

Good luck!
ERAU

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just to add to my previous post, my rig does run heavy, and when I go wheel, I pack everything under the sun because I live in NJ and if Im heading out west, I bring everything including the kitchen sink. The AEV 2.5 handles the weight very well. I think the plushrides would sag under the same weight, but you can compensate by getting slightly taller coils IF you have a lot of steel bolted to your Jeep.

Top Bottom