Need some advice

Tanner

Okay guys I'm pretty new to the jeep world but I'm hooked and have plans! Looking for some advice though. Okay what I have: 2011 jk sport, currently have km2s on stock rims, an evap skid and a 2.5" pro comp lift. Also I have the 3.73 gears. I'm currently in Afghanistan and have some money to spend when I'm back as the jk is about paid off. Here's what I'm thinking..

-regear to either 4.88 or 5.13 (I don't plan on running anything over 35")
-C gusset
-Locker for the rear
-Rock Rails
-35s
-either 15 or 17 wheels
-Front bumper
-Winch
-CB
-Rear Bumper with tire rack
-Discos

I don't plan to run the jeep too hard, and it's my DD, just some moderate trails on the weekend. I'd like to spend about 3.5k out of the gate, so my question is what first?

Any and all suggestions are welcome, thanks!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Okay guys I'm pretty new to the jeep world but I'm hooked and have plans! Looking for some advice though. Okay what I have: 2011 jk sport, currently have km2s on stock rims, an evap skid and a 2.5" pro comp lift. Also I have the 3.73 gears. I'm currently in Afghanistan and have some money to spend when I'm back as the jk is about paid off. Here's what I'm thinking..

-C gusset
-Locker for the rear
-Rock Rails
-35s
-either 15 or 17 wheels
-Front bumper
-Winch
-CB
-Discos

I don't plan to run the jeep too hard, and it's my DD, just some moderate trails on the weekend. I'd like to spend about 3.5k out of the gate, so my question is what first?

35's, gussets, winch, CB, rock sliders, recovery gear.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

-C gusset
-Locker for the rear
-Rock Rails
-35s
-either 15 or 17 wheels
-Front bumper
-Winch
-CB
-Discos

recovery gear (winch, tow straps, etc etc), gussets, sliders, front bumper for the winch, CB.

this is not in order but what you should start with in my opinion.

Tanner

Thanks for the quick replies guys, do you think their will be a problem with 3.73 and 35s? from what I read regear is almost required and I already feel underpowered with the km2s

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the quick replies guys, do you think their will be a problem with 3.73 and 35s? from what I read regear is almost required and I already feel underpowered with the km2s

i just put 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers on my '11 with 3.73 gears and it isnt that bad at all. will i regear at somepoint? of course but i would rather spend my money on a new tire carrier and other things first.

Tanner

Cool man thanks. I was looking at the fallken Rocky Mountain, from what I've read they're descent for an economical all terrain.

Tranquillity

You got an auto or manual might affect your power loss

I would not regear higher than 4.88 but my bet would be 4.56 the best option if you stay with 35" and a D30.

3.5k budget for starter I'd go like this

35" and wheels x 5 = 2400$
Gusset = 100$
Sliders = 900$
Quick Disco = 100$

**I run 35 with 3.73 and its not that bad IMO but I have a manual.

Top Bottom