Need some info on Castor angle and Currie arms

WJCO

Meme King
Anyone else with some input?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A lot of kits re-use upper arms anyways. So you could measure the upper arms you took off, match your new Currie arms to that measurement and then see where you sit. With your new lower arms lengthened already, you should be able to acheive the proper 4.2 caster and then you don't have to even worry about your driveline angle. That's what I would do.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Anyone else with some input?

Here's what mine measure at. Front Lower is about 22-1/2 measured from bolt to bolt. I'm running factory front uppers and these are kind of hard to measure in place but looks like about 18-3/4. I'm running the same lift as you and with these settings my caster is at about 3 degrees. This may give you a good starting point. Also tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Mtb275

Here's what mine measure at. Front Lower is about 22-1/2 measured from bolt to bolt. I'm running factory front uppers and these are kind of hard to measure in place but looks like about 18-3/4. I'm running the same lift as you and with these settings my caster is at about 3 degrees. This may give you a good starting point. Also tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Thanks. I'll check my measurements when I get home. Mailbox is cleaned out.

Mtb275

Yes it needs to be rotated up. How much depends on you. I'm personally at about 3 degrees caster.

Guess we need to know what you mean by diff though before I can actually say that. Are you measuring at the pinion or on the machine surfaces on the front of the pumpkin next to the cover?

Speedy, you are correct. I stopped by at a Jeep dealership and confirmed it. I measured a 2 door and 4 door Rubicon and they both were sitting on level ground and my phone read 92 when set on the machined flat spot next to diff cover on the drivers side. Which would be the same as Eddies Jeep.

I will check my control arm lengths when I get home.

Mtb275

So for information for everyone else. My Front upper control arms measure 19". My front lower control arms measure 23.5".

My upper arms are adjusted as long as possible. So I shortened up my lower to 23" and that puts me at the 92 degree mark.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Top Bottom