Need y'all input please!!

pinkcamotexan

sounds like they either painted the door and didn't buff/finish it so it has a different texture than the rest of the door, or they wet sanded the scratch out and still didn't buff/finish the area. Either way should be a relatively easy fix, might just have been missed on final walk through. As far as the missing cap, not sure what it might be. I know there is a visible connection on top of my sound bar when the top is off, but it isn't necessarily "exposed"

Dealers are the worst more often than not, but it sounds like they're working/willing to take care of it for you. Hope you get it all resolved painlessly!

At the dealership now. Just talked with manager and showed him what I was talking about. They are taking the Jeep back to remove the top now. As for the door, that is still being discussed. They are pulling the file on the Jeep and reviewing.

Stay tuned.....

pinkcamotexan

Ok. The manager is ordering a new cover for the top of the sound bar. As for the door, they have taken the Jeep to the back and they are going to put a "compound" on it and buff it. The records show no record of a paint job, but when he ran his hand over the door he could definitely feel the difference.

For the most part I guess I am satisfied with how they are "working" with me on these issues.

As for the pictures of the missing part, they didn't take the top off cause he knew exactly what I was talking about. So when I bring it back for the cover, I will post a pic so you all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks you to all who chimed in! I really appreciate your input!!!

swampdog

Ok. The manager is ordering a new cover for the top of the sound bar. As for the door, they have taken the Jeep to the back and they are going to put a "compound" on it and buff it. The records show no record of a paint job, but when he ran his hand over the door he could definitely feel the difference.

For the most part I guess I am satisfied with how they are "working" with me on these issues.

As for the pictures of the missing part, they didn't take the top off cause he knew exactly what I was talking about. So when I bring it back for the cover, I will post a pic so you all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks you to all who chimed in! I really appreciate your input!!!

Buffing compound and less clear coat now, I'd demand a new door.

pinkcamotexan

I searched for a pic so that you can see the top. I circled the missing piece

Attachments

• 1465485499740.jpg
    1465485499740.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom