new gen. truck-lites

MTG

Caught the Bug
Holeshot said:
There's one more question I gotta ask. How cold it is where these snowplows works? I'm quite sure at not less than -10 C it will not freeze over the lens, but here, we frequently have -15 to -30 Celsius..

No idea. I'd just call trucklite and ask all your questions.

Holeshot

Banned
Ok I'm about to place my order for the combo on northridge which include

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/tr...id-dually-floods-and-poison-spyder-mounts-kit

truck-lites headlights new gen. with the harness
2 rigid industries Dually's
2 fog lights flush mount

The dilemma is that I would like to have at least one set of amber light. Later I'm gonna get a SR10 to put over my farelead and also maybe much later, an SR50 over the windshield.

At first, I wanted the fogs to be amber flood, wired to factory fog harness, with the SR10 spot/flood also amber, wired to aux. switch, to use when driving in bad weathers.

The problem is that If I want amber dually's to use as fogs, the guy at northridge needs to place a special order, and It would take up to 6 weeks before he gets them, and then ships the package. Which is very long when you're pissed of not seeing on the road! I Like when I can see miles away :brows:

So, I guess that what I'm gonna do is, white dually's (flood), and either amber SR10 (spot and flood), or white + amber cover?

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Personally I would get the white rigids and then get the amber in your fogs.

I had my first experience with how shitty the stock heads can be tonight. Never realized it until I was driving in the rain.

Holeshot

Banned
ok guys, I'm about to order my combo of truck-lites and dually's. I'm almost fixed on white dually's flood pattern, as I will add an amber SR10 over the winch fairlead later on.

I read somewhere that the truck-lites will flicker when on DRL, and this would be fixed by putting the drl on the fogs or park lamps using the procal. Does any of you had this happen? I planned to buy the procal anyways to correct my speedo, but if I can keep the drl on the headlights it would be great. Otherwise I'll have no choice to put it either on the fogs or parkings.

FoxC

I had my first experience with how shitty the stock heads can be tonight. Never realized it until I was driving in the rain.
I had my first taste when I was traveling I95 at 0-dark-thirty between Vegas and Reno...they really do suck!:eek:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
ok guys, I'm about to order my combo of truck-lites and dually's. I'm almost fixed on white dually's flood pattern, as I will add an amber SR10 over the winch fairlead later on.

I read somewhere that the truck-lites will flicker when on DRL, and this would be fixed by putting the drl on the fogs or park lamps using the procal. Does any of you had this happen? I planned to buy the procal anyways to correct my speedo, but if I can keep the drl on the headlights it would be great. Otherwise I'll have no choice to put it either on the fogs or parkings.

I went with this kit and have had it installed for about a week now and at first I wasnt happy with the headlights, still dont think i adjusted them properly, but now i am very happy with them

mounted the duallys on the windsheild and they are the flood option, but may end up moving them down to be fogs instead since i have the fog bracket kit, just not sure where they would be better, also dont think i could acutally use them as fogs on normal roads since they may be too bright

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Curious how bad the flicker is with the Truck Lites? For $599, I'd expect no flicker.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Curious how bad the flicker is with the Truck Lites? For $599, I'd expect no flicker.

I don't see any flicker with mine. :thumb:

You welcome to check them out sometime. I wish I had bought them when I bought the jeep...they are that good.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I don't see any flicker with mine. :thumb:

You welcome to check them out sometime. I wish I had bought them when I bought the jeep...they are that good.

I wonder if the flicker is something only seen on the older JK's. I've definitely heard complaints about it, but have yet to hear it quantified.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I wonder if the flicker is something only seen on the older JK's. I've definitely heard complaints about it, but have yet to hear it quantified.

I heard it about too. I just don't see it. Maybe it's my eyes? :thinking:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

i see it while parked against a wall or at a red light, its not that bad but is starting to annoy me, just looking for a cheaper option rather than a harness

Holeshot

Banned
I see a very light flicker on my OEM lights when facing a wall... So If it's not more than it is actually, It won't bother me.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It may be me and how i adjusted them, but it seems like around dusk i swear the lights are not on at all.

jelliott076

Ok I'm about to place my order for the combo on northridge which include

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/tr...id-dually-floods-and-poison-spyder-mounts-kit

truck-lites headlights new gen. with the harness
2 rigid industries Dually's
2 fog lights flush mount

The dilemma is that I would like to have at least one set of amber light. Later I'm gonna get a SR10 to put over my farelead and also maybe much later, an SR50 over the windshield.

At first, I wanted the fogs to be amber flood, wired to factory fog harness, with the SR10 spot/flood also amber, wired to aux. switch, to use when driving in bad weathers.

The problem is that If I want amber dually's to use as fogs, the guy at northridge needs to place a special order, and It would take up to 6 weeks before he gets them, and then ships the package. Which is very long when you're pissed of not seeing on the road! I Like when I can see miles away :brows:

So, I guess that what I'm gonna do is, white dually's (flood), and either amber SR10 (spot and flood), or white + amber cover?

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks.

This seems a great deal! I'm going to check around but may jump on this one today. I do have one question for MTG, WAYALIFE if you guys arer monitoring this thread (or anyone else that may know): With all of the extra juice that I'm pulling from the 2010 stock alternator (running HID's and a Baja Design's LED Light bar already) at what point will it be too much power draw and have to upgrade the alternator?

Holeshot

Banned
LED's are not drawing that much amps, and HID's uses ballast and I guess they're not drawing so much more than LED's. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom