New Gladiator owner, looking for rock sliders.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
It's been at least 6 months now. Are they still problem free?

Sent from my SM-N970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The operation of the steps has been problem free. The sliders themselves have not been the best slider, but I somewhat expected this and new there would be a trade off for working so so well as a step. I bashed in the driver side slider in multiple places after putting the full weight of the vehicle on the center of the slider. RSE does make a 3/16” skid plate the covers the bottom and outer edge of the sliders to give extra protection, but it’s another $600+. I don’t have them and will probably never buy them. Overall I’ve been happy with them. They work great as a step. Any other step out there that hangs down as low as these do in the down position would’ve been totally destroyed, removed, and thrown in the trash by now.

IMG_4817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Robar

The Enforcer
The operation of the steps has been problem free. The sliders themselves have not been the best slider, but I somewhat expected this and new there would be a trade off for working so so well as a step. I bashed in the driver side slider in multiple places after putting the full weight of the vehicle on the center of the slider. RSE does make a 3/16” skid plate the covers the bottom and outer edge of the sledges to give extra protection, but it’s another $600+. I don’t have them and will probably never buy them. Overall I’ve been happy with them. They work great as a step. Any other step out there that hangs down as low as these do in the down position would’ve been totally destroyed, removed, and thrown in the trash by now.

View attachment 353133

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Thanks. That is what I was looking for.

WAYALIFE mobile app

In the end, I ordered a set of Rock Hard Patriot sliders....looking forward to receiving them and bolting them up on my JTR.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Just drove home my new gladiator yesterday. After 7 years in the JKU, it feels pretty odd standing on the side the jeep without sliders. I'm gonna order the rock hard sliders as well. Hopefully, the drunk guy won't be welding that one. Hahaha..

WJCO

Meme King
In the end, I ordered a set of Rock Hard Patriot sliders....looking forward to receiving them and bolting them up on my JTR.

After 7 years in the JKU, it feels pretty odd standing on the side the jeep without sliders. I'm gonna order the rock hard sliders as well.

I think I'm going to go with these as well. I've liked the look since they first came out but I was waiting for more manufacturers to build some that are frame mounted but hardly anyone seems to want to jump on that train. We installed some Rock Hard 4x4 sliders on our JL (which mount the same way as their JT ones) and I was pretty impressed with the mounting design and quality of them.

I think I'm going to go with these as well. I've liked the look since they first came out but I was waiting for more manufacturers to build some that are frame mounted but hardly anyone seems to want to jump on that train. We installed some Rock Hard 4x4 sliders on our JL (which mount the same way as their JT ones) and I was pretty impressed with the mounting design and quality of them.

yeah, I had ace sliders before and would have gotten hard rock sliders if I had seen them first. I'm a fan of their mounting as well.

Now for the hard part. Do I get the high angle or low angle. Part of me wants the high angle for clearance. The other part wants to low angle to help my kids get in. hahaha..

Edit: I ordered the angle up. The kids will have to forgive me. hahaha

Last edited:

arkain04

Rusty's offroad makes a nice version.
Rock slider step. It's what I put on my 21 Sting grey Rubicon JT diesel.

Top Bottom