New JL article

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’m so utterly stunned about the Dana 30/35 thing that I almost can’t believe it. Except that I read in in a C&D article this am too. They basically forced everyone into a rubicon if you’re going to upgrade. Who would buy any other model ever knowing it needed $8000 in axle upgrades just to run 35s? That’s going to make e used rubicon market crazy and the used jk rubicon market even crazier. We’ll be paying 30 grand for 8 year old Jeeps because they’ll be the only things available and they’ll all sell in a day. So then YOU WILL buy an $8000 axle upgrade because you can’t even find or afford or find a rubicon. Ugh, my head is spinning.....

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’m so utterly stunned about the Dana 30/35 thing that I almost can’t believe it. Except that I read in in a C&D article this am too. They basically forced everyone into a rubicon if you’re going to upgrade. Who would buy any other model ever knowing it needed $8000 in axle upgrades just to run 35s? That’s going to make e used rubicon market crazy and the used jk rubicon market even crazier. We’ll be paying 30 grand for 8 year old Jeeps because they’ll be the only things available and they’ll all sell in a day. So then YOU WILL buy an $8000 axle upgrade because you can’t even find or afford or find a rubicon. Ugh, my head is spinning.....

On the flip side they’re be tons of Bros blowing c-clips calling it a death trap so maybe the used market won’t be too crazy? Or they’ll all be running G2 and smittybilt 44s and be utterly worthless so the prices won’t skyrocket because demand will be down.

Got Jeep ?

Agreed. If you're a mellow driver, its Ok. But if you're in traffic, for instance, where you are waiting to punch-it-and-go, that heart-beat delay can be enough to make you wait.

My suspicion, that'll be one of the first tweaks programming tools will let you change. You'll just need to decide if you want to give up the 2 MPH they're suggesting it may be worth to you.

:)

They make a $100 module for the Grands that permanently overrides the start stop. Would be worth it to me. I cant deal with the delay. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
On the flip side they’re be tons of Bros blowing c-clips calling it a death trap so maybe the used market won’t be too crazy? Or they’ll all be running G2 and smittybilt 44s and be utterly worthless so the prices won’t skyrocket because demand will be down.

These axles do not have C-Clips and they are not D35's. Check out post #177 on this link to the sister site JLWangler.com;

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...p-JL-Wrangler-Reveal-LA-Auto-Show-2017/page18

Top Bottom